This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think games should be installable so you can play without the disc

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I think games should be installable so you can play without the disc

User Info: M1Astray

M1Astray
6 years ago#1
It's totally doable frankly, all Sony would have to do is make it so that you can only play digital copies while signed in and the system requires the disc once a week or else it locks you out of the digital copy, I'd love this feature, anybody else think it'd be nice?
Currently Playing: Pokemon White (DS)
Playing next: Okami (PS2)

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
6 years ago#2
Will never happen. I can already see the account sharing nightmares with people all rotating discs so they could pretty much get a game free.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

User Info: Rarehunter_idol

Rarehunter_idol
6 years ago#3
Won't happen unless consoles decide to go all CD-Key on us.
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
6 years ago#4
When you say signed in, you mean you want us all to be online in order to play every single game?

User Info: cincyguitarhero

cincyguitarhero
6 years ago#5
That's already happening. Say hello to digital downloads of retail games!

/sarcasm
PROUD SoFA Metalhead, rager, and teabagger. OPEN WIDE!
What would YOU do with a plane ticket? Nothing, obviously.

User Info: IBringIt

IBringIt
6 years ago#6
That would pretty much be the end of things if you could do a full install on every game. People complain developers are nickel and diming us now? lmao Take a wild guess what would happen if full installs were always available without some sort of "locking".
We The People
PSN: IconGrist

User Info: PrinceVege101

PrinceVege101
6 years ago#7
Not gonna happen. Not when you've got 4GB 360s and 20GB PS3s floating around.
Andraste's dimpled butt cheeks!

User Info: TheRavenKC123

TheRavenKC123
6 years ago#8
That would kill rental companies. If you could copy discs to your 360 or PS3, my 500gb hard drive would be full in no time.
http://youtube.com/user/TheRavenKC
BioWare and Bethesda rule!

User Info: M1Astray

M1Astray
6 years ago#9
Did people not read my post where I specifically said you'd need to be logged onto PSN to use a digital copy and that you'd need to insert the disc once a week otherwise it locks (or deletes) the game?
Currently Playing: Pokemon White (DS)
Playing next: Okami (PS2)

User Info: BigAl519

BigAl519
6 years ago#10
I guess people must be new to this idea also. 360 has been using it for a while now. All you need to play the game is the disk in the system to start the game. After that its played from the HDD. Honestly I wish Sony would do this because it cuts the load times on games and keeps will give the blu ray drive a longer life since it wont be running constantly.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I think games should be installable so you can play without the disc

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived