This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Planning on replacing my fat 80GB for a slim 160GB, need some input

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Planning on replacing my fat 80GB for a slim 160GB, need some input

User Info: Sadako Ghost

Sadako Ghost
6 years ago#1
Any reason why I shouldn't do this? Does the most recent model of the 160GB have any disadvantages I should know of?
I was weak... that's why I needed you... needed someone to punish me for my sins.

User Info: ziggyreed

ziggyreed
6 years ago#2
The 160 gig works fine. Why are you getting rid of your 80 gig? Is it the 80 with BC?

User Info: Thermador446

Thermador446
6 years ago#3
Sadako Ghost posted...
Any reason why I shouldn't do this? Does the most recent model of the 160GB have any disadvantages I should know of?

The only significant difference is the lack of PS2 game compatibility in newer models.

Sadako Ghost
6 years ago#4
Nope, I had a 60GB BC PS3 but it died on me. I just prefer the PS3 slim's design + the fact that it takes up less space is definitely a plus for me.

Just wanted to make sure, I've heard people say the slim is louder than the fat PS3 (but I've also heard the opposite).
I was weak... that's why I needed you... needed someone to punish me for my sins.

User Info: Billgo_Umehara

Billgo_Umehara
6 years ago#5
Sadako Ghost posted...

yes the fan is less noticeable but at night the disc loading drive noises, kill me. I hate games that load too much...

User Info: ziggyreed

ziggyreed
6 years ago#6
My 40 gig recently died so I moved my 160 slim from my upstairs tv to my living room. To be honest I never hear the thing running.

Sadako Ghost
6 years ago#7
Thanks for the feedback guys. Has anyone ever had a slim break on them?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Planning on replacing my fat 80GB for a slim 160GB, need some input

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived