This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, it's been almost 20 minutes since I put Resistance 3 in....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Wow, it's been almost 20 minutes since I put Resistance 3 in....

User Info: MurphysLaw

MurphysLaw
6 years ago#161
Battleship Gray posted...
schphinkter posted...
You're a positive guy, do I get on your case? The difference is you can say things like how you hate the install and update process on the PS3. Crimson chooses not to because he has limited his functionality here which consist of only being positive. Which means a false sense of security. His positive nature also gets him into many heated discussions and not with just me. It is because he is borderline trying to gag order others from ever being negative. That is something I will never adhere to. Freedom of speech goes a long ways and once can be critical without trolling. Difference is he thinks anything critical is bad.

I'm not sure why you take so much of your time trying to 'educate' me on what to do while you often ignore your little buddy Astute. Is he just not a good learner and you've simply given up on him?

Uh yeah, you do tend to "get on my case."

And your "negative" nature has gotten you into even more heated discussions. Also, constantly haranguing someone over being positive is tantamount to trying to "gag" him.

As to the Astute thing, I'll quote what I posted earlier and you didn't respond to:

"As to Astute's trolling, I'm surprised you're curious about it as someone who ignores trolls regularly yourself. Anyway you've asked and I've answered that question literally more times than I count. If you're still curious about it still well I can't help you. Apologies."

Seriously, just replay the answer I've given any of the other countless times you've asked over the years. Answering the same question over and over again is something I've simply given up on.

"False sense of security?" Let's all jump off the faux-psychology shall we?

You did NOTHING to answer my question. You keep trying to 'educate' me on what I am doing yet sit idle while your buddy trolls topic after topic. Why is that? Why am I more of a focus to you and not him? I wasn't even talking to you either and was to Xeonex so it's an even bigger question.

Do me a favor and ignore me like you ignore him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFB94Nh0gyE

MurphysLaw
6 years ago#162
XeonexFlash posted...
Sphink I answered you 2 times, I feel a 3rd time would be pointless, enjoy spinning your denial.

If you gave me an answer I would not be pestering you. Why did you come back to this topic to say that? You harp on me for starting arguments or inciting them yet will not answer what it was you were trying to achieve with that second post of yours when what you wanted to say was all in your first post.

Truth is you came back because you are indeed defensive about this topic. So much so that you just had to come back and make a ridiculous rhetorical post.

User Info: Ghetto_ninja

Ghetto_ninja
6 years ago#163
Play PSP, PS2, Xperia Play, or watch TV while stuff downloads like I do. I just got my new HDD last night so just be glad you don't have to download your entire collection of DLC.
PSN ID: Psychonik
Currently Playing: Video Games

User Info: Battleship_Gray

Battleship_Gray
6 years ago#164
schphinkter posted...
You did NOTHING to answer my question.

Because, as I've already stated, and quoted, in this very thread even, I've already answered it more times than I care to count. I've answered it literally more times than I can count over the years. I've found, that with you at least, that there's no point in continually answering a question, because you're destined to forget the answer and ask it again. I wouldn't keep pouring water through a sieve either.

And I find it puzzling that it's even a concern to you as you routinely ignore trolls yourself. And honestly, you've ignored/dodged so many of my questions for so long that the fact that you're complaining is mildly amusing, no offense.

Why do you keep bringing up "educating" you? I'm trying to do nothing of the sort. I'm engaged in a conversation.

Lastly, I feel no particular need to ignore you, but you're more then welcome to follow your own advice and ignore me, or Crimson, or Xeonex, or any of the other myriad denizens of the board that seem to plague you so.

You also did NOTHING to address my points. But that's not necessarily out of the ordinary.
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com/#/d47jbym Now Drawing: breakdancing robots
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat

MurphysLaw
6 years ago#165
schphinkter posted...
You did NOTHING to answer my question.

Because, as I've already stated, and quoted, in this very thread even, I've already answered it more times than I care to count. I've answered it literally more times than I can count over the years. I've found, that with you at least, that there's no point in continually answering a question, because you're destined to forget the answer and ask it again. I wouldn't keep pouring water through a sieve either.

And I find it puzzling that it's even a concern to you as you routinely ignore trolls yourself. And honestly, you've ignored/dodged so many of my questions for so long that the fact that you're complaining is mildly amusing, no offense.

Why do you keep bringing up "educating" you? I'm trying to do nothing of the sort. I'm engaged in a conversation.

Lastly, I feel no particular need to ignore you, but you're more then welcome to follow your own advice and ignore me, or Crimson, or Xeonex, or any of the other myriad denizens of the board that seem to plague you so.

You also did NOTHING to address my points. But that's not necessarily out of the ordinary.

I have addressed your questions about turning the tables on positive discussions and about Crimson. Far more in fact than your did about my question regarding your nature to ignore Astute and instead want to keep partaking in my discussions with other people like Xeonex.

The fact is these updates are getting ridiculous. Brand new demo's on PSN can be downloaded and you can still get a update which will again delay playing the game.

User Info: Soljah

Soljah
6 years ago#166
Impaired Medic posted...
It took me 5 minutes to install R3.

This^
SOrry TC, your ps3 might be kicking the ol bucket.
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
Which is worse Ignorance or Apathy - I dont know and I dont care. ^_^

Battleship_Gray
6 years ago#167
schphinkter posted...

I have addressed your questions about turning the tables on positive discussions and about Crimson. Far more in fact than your did about my question regarding your nature to ignore Astute and instead want to keep partaking in my discussions with other people like Xeonex.

No you haven't really addressed my points that well in my honest opinion. You pretty much ignored my previous post completely to ask a question I've already answered countless times over the years about Astute.

And yes, it is quite true that I haven't bent over backwards to answer it, yet again, in this topic, but I've explained about four times now why I'm not. You'd just ask it again some time from now all over again.

Tell you what, I'll answer it one last time if you can assure me that it's the last time I'll ever have to answer it again.

And, as you mentioned several times, we're on a message board. If you want a conversation between you and Xeonex alone you can take it to PM. Or again follow your own advice and ignore me, or log off, or any of your other nuggets of wisdom.

But I still don't see where he defended the long update times BTW.

And "turning the tables?" That's just odd. Life shouldn't be a tit-for-tat. In my opinion that is.
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com/#/d47jbym Now Drawing: breakdancing robots

MurphysLaw
6 years ago#168
schphinkter posted...

No you haven't really addressed my points that well in my honest opinion. You pretty much ignored my previous post completely to ask a question I've already answered countless times over the years about Astute.

And yes, it is quite true that I haven't bent over backwards to answer it, yet again, in this topic, but I've explained about four times now why I'm not. You'd just ask it again some time from now all over again.

Tell you what, I'll answer it one last time if you can assure me that it's the last time I'll ever have to answer it again.

And, as you mentioned several times, we're on a message board. If you want a conversation between you and Xeonex alone you can take it to PM. Or again follow your own advice and ignore me, or log off, or any of your other nuggets of wisdom.

But I still don't see where he defended the long update times BTW.

And "turning the tables?" That's just odd. Life shouldn't be a tit-for-tat. In my opinion that is.

Do I really need to connect ALL the dots for you? Turning the tables meaning you flipping what I said about being able to talk about negative things and turning it back to me about positive discussions. I did in fact answer you.

As for him defending them he is by telling people to stop whining and do something else. Is there really a need to tell people this? Does he actually think people can't go fold laundry while the game installs? Also what's the point of telling others to stop whining? Is it now not ok to discuss these mandatory installs are getting on peoples nerves, that we can talk about these minor nuisances? So yes, he did in fact defend them because he simply could not let the tc just speak his mind without the barrage of the old stop whining comments.

Then the guy had to come back to this topic, why? Maybe you can answer me since he refuses to. Was that second post of his even necessary?

Battleship_Gray
6 years ago#169
schphinkter posted...

Do I really need to connect ALL the dots for you? Turning the tables meaning you flipping what I said about being able to talk about negative things and turning it back to me about positive discussions. I did in fact answer you.

As for him defending them he is by telling people to stop whining and do something else. Is there really a need to tell people this? Does he actually think people can't go fold laundry while the game installs? Also what's the point of telling others to stop whining? Is it now not ok to discuss these mandatory installs are getting on peoples nerves, that we can talk about these minor nuisances? So yes, he did in fact defend them because he simply could not let the tc just speak his mind without the barrage of the old stop whining comments.

Then the guy had to come back to this topic, why? Maybe you can answer me since he refuses to. Was that second post of his even necessary?

Your line of logic tends to be pretty scattershot so I truly appreciate you taking the time to connect all the dots for me. Though you didn't really address those points. Again. Glossed over them maybe.

And telling folks to find a way to pass the time other than whining is not nearly the same as defending the long patch times. At all. In any way shape or form. In fact I would think that calling the process "long and annoying" as Xeonex did, would constitute the opposite of defense.

But I suppose much like "fanboy" and "troll" the internet is taking it's toll on the definition of "defend" as well. That is quite a pity.

As to if his post was necessary or not, who is to judge that? I'd wager to say that most posts would be deemed unnecessary to one person or another. Personally I find dragging personal details into internet arguments and constantly typing "welcome to the PS3 board" without commentary unnecessary, but perhaps that's just me.

Again, you could log off or just ignore it if it bothers you so. It was your own advice after all.

But no, I won't answer for him, I'm not him nor do I know his thought process. Any motivation I created for him would likely tell more about me than it would about him.

User Info: XeonexFlash

XeonexFlash
6 years ago#170
"Was that second post of his even necessary?"

Tell me, are your "Only on the PS3 board" posts I see in every other topic necessary.? You are such a hyprocrit, it's not even funny...
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Wow, it's been almost 20 minutes since I put Resistance 3 in....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived