This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, it's been almost 20 minutes since I put Resistance 3 in....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Wow, it's been almost 20 minutes since I put Resistance 3 in....

User Info: Battleship_Gray

Battleship_Gray
6 years ago#171
Also, do you want your question answered or not? Because I will answer it. But only if it's understood to be the absolute last time.
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com/#/d47jbym Now Drawing: breakdancing robots
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat

User Info: triple s

triple s
6 years ago#172
Ghetto_ninja posted...
Play PSP, PS2, Xperia Play, or watch TV while stuff downloads like I do. I just got my new HDD last night so just be glad you don't have to download your entire collection of DLC.

*sigh* I don't get why it's so hard for everyone to understand that I didn't just sit there while it took 20 minutes. My complaint is that it's ridiculous to wait 20 minutes to get started for the first time to play a game to begin with. I'm sorry, but it's as simple as this. When I put the game in the system, I am putting it in there to play it. I am not putting it in there to want to do other things while it takes forever to get started. I want to play the game.

Patches take way too long to download on the PS3 and they need to do something to prevent that. Like I said earlier, if the 360 can patch a game within 10 seconds and get restarted, there's no reason the PS3 can't do it.
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09

User Info: MurphysLaw

MurphysLaw
6 years ago#173

*sigh* I don't get why it's so hard for everyone to understand that I didn't just sit there while it took 20 minutes. My complaint is that it's ridiculous to wait 20 minutes to get started for the first time to play a game to begin with. I'm sorry, but it's as simple as this. When I put the game in the system, I am putting it in there to play it. I am not putting it in there to want to do other things while it takes forever to get started. I want to play the game.

Patches take way too long to download on the PS3 and they need to do something to prevent that. Like I said earlier, if the 360 can patch a game within 10 seconds and get restarted, there's no reason the PS3 can't do it.

That's enough whining.

Also the reason why the Xbox 360 has smaller patches is because of the restrictions Microsoft puts in place. They do this purposely because they want the Xbox 360 to distinguish itself from PC gaming. This is why they don't have k/m support and why they lean towards console exclusivity instead of true exclusives. They know the PC gaming market is not directly the market the Xbox is replacing and judging by software sales of titles such as Bioshock and Oblivion I don't blame them. If only Sony would ever comment on how consumers on the PS3 decide that their most wanted games like Call of Duty also happen to be available on the PC.

The PS3 tries to be an all-in-one device while not really doing all of those services well. The web browser stinks, the patches and updates are tedious and the mandatory installs are a sign of slow read speeds for blu-ray. As for why the Xbox 360 doesn't require mandatory installs is Microsoft's commitment to keep a more affordable system available. The downside is some games will benefit from being installed. The upside is unlike the PS3 consumers are actually able to have the option of a FULL install. Something Sony is keen on not allowing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFB94Nh0gyE

User Info: Ghetto_ninja

Ghetto_ninja
6 years ago#174
Because if they allowed players the option then everyone would just whine and complain about how choppy the games ran because they were too impatient to install the data. So they left it up to the developers rather than the whiny public that's so prevalent on this board. If you want to play the game so damn bad what's another twenty minutes to be able to play the game at its optimal performance? Or would you rather play a system that overheats and then you have to wait a week to play any games at all while it gets "repaired"? See Microsoft realized there was a market for impatient, whiny, gamers who can't deal with the reality of game development and that's why the 360 is still home console contender.
PSN ID: Psychonik
Currently Playing: Video Games
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Wow, it's been almost 20 minutes since I put Resistance 3 in....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived