This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, it's been almost 20 minutes since I put Resistance 3 in....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Wow, it's been almost 20 minutes since I put Resistance 3 in....

User Info: XeonexFlash

XeonexFlash
6 years ago#21
You know you can cancel the update and update later? I Just updated when I went to bed, people act like the end of the world is tomorrow. Yes it's long, yes it can be annoying, but stop whining about it and download it when you are doing something else.
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.

User Info: triple s

triple s
6 years ago#22
hi_polymer posted...
hi_polymer posted...
Do the install while you're going to sleep if you hate wasting 20 minutes of your life...

Or they can be like other consoles and let me play right away.
Surely you have better things to do in the meantime? Oh I forgot, this is Gamefaqs. Carry on.

Yeah, usually when I pop in a game...I don't know...I'm in the mood to play a game. Weird logic huh?
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09

triple s
6 years ago#23
SoaringDive posted...
triple s posted...
The average PC game takes less time to install and play than that.

Well, obviously. Those still use the outdated DVD.

Installs will be faster on PS4 because the drive will be faster (might not need installs).

Yet the outdated DVD loads faster and produces graphics way better than the PS3 that uses the "up to date" Blu-Ray.

triple s
6 years ago#24
Impaired Medic posted...
The install wasn't the longest part, the freaking patch was.
Boo hoo. Games have patches, get over it.

Patches on PC or 360 don't take as long. Sorry if I offended you which I have seem to have done.

triple s
6 years ago#25
king_madden posted...
i would have to be with others here and just say wait. true you can say "or it cane be like other consoles and go faster", but thing is its not, so either you way or stop playing your ps3 again.

either way the outcome matters not to the majority here.

lol i dont even understand why people make complaints like these here. its not like you really want to know because no matter what answers you get the response is usually "well the other systems do it better". so whats the point in doing this?

.....wait.....is that what a troll is?

It's to vent on something I don't like about the PS3, apparently people are fine with faults that shouldn't be on the system. Seeing as I'm not someone who plays the PS3 all day, it's a big annoyance especially if I was to play another online oriented game that has a patch that I have to wait forever for it to install. Yes, I am comparing the time to other systems mainly because I see no reason why it take forever to do on the PS3 why it doesn't on the 360.

triple s
6 years ago#26
XeonexFlash posted...
You know you can cancel the update and update later? I Just updated when I went to bed, people act like the end of the world is tomorrow. Yes it's long, yes it can be annoying, but stop whining about it and download it when you are doing something else.

Lol, you guys kill me. I guess no one here is able to complain about anything on the PS3 boards against the PS3 without being whiners. It's people like you that say, stop whining and complaining, that let companies take advantage of you.

User Info: The Vex

The Vex
6 years ago#27
It takes me 20 min to take a dump. What a waste of time. I have things to doooo butthole.
This all started with PONG.

User Info: BlueSkies7776

BlueSkies7776
6 years ago#28
If it took 20 minutes + to start every time you played it then you'd have a valid reason to complain. But it only needs to be installed once. Then after that it starts like any other game. SO yeah. If you have a big HDD then this shouldn't be an issue.
Never say can't.
Adam Archuleta 31z 6 years ago#29
I understand your frustration TC. Sometimes you just want to play. The worst part is when you have people over and you pop in your copy of Fight Night Round 4, ready to drop some bungalows >_> but then you just sit there and wait for the install.
This sig will not change until the St. Louis Rams return to primetime! Started November 6, 2009.

User Info: OnslaughtX

OnslaughtX
6 years ago#30

Yet the outdated DVD loads faster and produces graphics way better than the PS3 that uses the "up to date" Blu-Ray.

DVD doesn't "produce graphics." Please learn how consoles work, then join the conversation.
I'm pretty sure that Hideo confirmed that you don't argue MGS semantics with Onslaught. - Serazee - backloggery.com/main.php?user=onslaughtx
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Wow, it's been almost 20 minutes since I put Resistance 3 in....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived