This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Dark Souls have a incredible, existant story like Demon's Souls?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Will Dark Souls have a incredible, existant story like Demon's Souls?

User Info: kuter

kuter
5 years ago#1
Just curious

User Info: Porunga

Porunga
5 years ago#2
Demon's Souls had no story.

User Info: Agent_Greer

Agent_Greer
5 years ago#3
It should. I'm avoiding spoilers though, but if you guys want to be spoiled you can check the board. Already streaming the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls

User Info: 3D3

3D3
5 years ago#4
People laughed at me for even mentioning anything about the story in DS.
36: Ancient
Awarded to users with at least 2000 Karma. No posting restrictions.

Agent_Greer
5 years ago#5
Porunga posted...
Demon's Souls had no story.
Oh, but it does, as I just proved in the last few posts of the other topic.

User Info: Nave316

Nave316
5 years ago#6
In Demons Souls, story takes place through gameplay experiences in a vast game world filled with dynamic locations and encounters. Not through dialogue, text, or massive pre rendered cutscenes.

Hopefully Dark Souls will follow suit. It is a refreshing style not to have overt plot and story shoved down your throat through cut scenes for 5 minutes every 5 seconds. Also, I hope Dark Souls has an ambient/none existent sound track like its predecessor did. One of my favorite aspects of the original, letting the sound effects take center stage of building immersion and tension

I like the idea of a video game without music, because it is more immersive 10 fold. Telling a story through sound effects rather then a bloated score that bats you over the ear drums every second with flutes and horns like you are listening to a CD you bought at the Renessans Festival on you Ipod like Skyrim and Oblivion.

User Info: neroAngelo

neroAngelo
5 years ago#7
You spelled lacking and nonexistent wrong.
PSWii360 - http://i51.tinypic.com/vctnom.jpg
i7 920 @3.3GHz, 6GB DDR3, 8800 GT 512 MB

Agent_Greer
5 years ago#8
neroAngelo posted...
You spelled lacking and nonexistent wrong.
nope. he didn't.

User Info: nonames4u

nonames4u
5 years ago#9
I will prolly grab it just cause I pretty much grab every game that releases for my game collection.

Although if it's anything like the first game I might not play it more then 1 day, have to be honest, I found the first game to be very boring and slow. I'm really hoping Dark Souls will be faster pace and more exciting to play.

Besides, story/lore isn't everything. I found Nier to have a great story, but everything else about that game was truly horrible and bland IMO. One of the very few games I actually regretted buying.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit....It's the only way to be sure"

User Info: BigSaltyDookie

BigSaltyDookie
5 years ago#10
I'm guessing it will be just as boring.
Old bear.. he likes the honey!
Heart attack never stopped old big bear!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Will Dark Souls have a incredible, existant story like Demon's Souls?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived