This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trine 1 + 2 worth it for single player?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Trine 1 + 2 worth it for single player?

User Info: The_Pig_Hostage

The_Pig_Hostage
5 years ago#1
Kind of tempting, now that I can get both for $20 (not sure how long the $4.99 sale on Trine 1 is going to last). Is it worth it? Or are these games only fun for co-op?
3DS FC: 3093-7453-0045

User Info: Justice98405

Justice98405
5 years ago#2
I bought Trine at normal price knowing that only I would likely ever play it, and it was worth that, so yea, go for it.
The game is perfectly fine as a single-player game, I think they just knew they had a game concept that would work as a co-op game as well, so they put that option in.
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405

User Info: Z2488

Z2488
5 years ago#3
I haven't gotten a change to play Trine 2 yet thanks to finals and family for the holidays, but the first game is absolutely worth getting just for single player.
i5 2500k at 4.2ghz - Sapphire 5850 crossfire - MSI Z68A-GD80 - Seasonic X 750W - GSkill 16GB - 1.5TB Caviar Green - NZXT Beta EVO

User Info: culture_den

culture_den
5 years ago#4
There's a sale on psn? Anything good?
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.

User Info: Mass_Carrier

Mass_Carrier
5 years ago#5
Single player is fine too. I hear it can be pretty tough in Trine 2 since the puzzles are more co-op oriented, but even so.
Don't just post youtube links. Say what the **** they are.
http://i.imgur.com/WaN8M.png

User Info: The_Pig_Hostage

The_Pig_Hostage
5 years ago#6
Well, I just bought Trine 1 and I'm really enjoying it. Disappointed to hear that the second one is more coop oriented though.
3DS FC: 3093-7453-0045

User Info: robhoo1

robhoo1
5 years ago#7
Single player is way better in 1 than 2...
as others have said, 2 leans more towards co-op but still good.
PSN: rob302

User Info: nofxcracker

nofxcracker
5 years ago#8
I've never done a multiplayer session in either game, and it's been perfectly fine. (granted, I have yet to finish Trine 2).

This is a game where I don't want to do multiplayer, I like having control over all three characters.
PSN: tracebustin XBOX: tracebustain
3DS: 0602 6268 7620 -tracebusta

User Info: Katon

Katon
5 years ago#9
Yes, they're well worth it for single player.
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)

User Info: servb0ts

servb0ts
5 years ago#10
I brought Trine regular price, for my RPg fix, but it disappointed me. so I'm not even going to atemp to get Trine 2 even if itwas Freeto us PSN+ users.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Trine 1 + 2 worth it for single player?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived