This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"The PS3 d-pad is SO much better than the 360's d-pad"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. "The PS3 d-pad is SO much better than the 360's d-pad"

User Info: r_m_8_8

r_m_8_8
5 years ago#1
It's completely true, and actually one of the reasons I went with PS3 instead of 360. Way better for fighters and... every game that uses the d-pad.

But, I bought a "Hori Pad 3 Turbo" earlier this year, and by now I'm sure I'll never go back to the regular PS3 controller unless I really have to. Not only is the d-pad WAY better than on the Dualshock 3, but the analog sticks feel less "loose" which makes them much better. Man, Hori knows about controllers, I also remember liking my Hori N64 controller way better than the original one back in the day.

http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/psx3/hard/horipad3.jpg

Also, you can use them on your PC without any additional software. Since it's wired, it's also quite cheap. So yeah, I really recommend it.
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.

User Info: ComfortablySad

ComfortablySad
5 years ago#2
Do you work for Hori?
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
http://www.astutegamers.com

User Info: Sayoria

Sayoria
5 years ago#3
Lord, I helped my brother reconfigure his internet settings on his 360, and my God, I have never been so happy to use the PS3 controllers..... Using that D-Pad was hell.
"Ehhhhhhhhhhh????"
*Proud Downtown Gaki No Tsukai fan*

r_m_8_8
5 years ago#4
Nope. I'm recommending an accessory I liked.
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
(message deleted)

r_m_8_8
5 years ago#6
I read somewhere that it was to avoid copyright infringement, since Nintendo owns the original d-pad. But then, plenty of controllers have what appear to be regular d-pads, like the Dreamcast. So who knows.

And talking about d-pads, has anyone tried the one on the Wii's Classic Controller? It's pretty much flawless. Shame the Wii is lacking in the fighting department, it's used mostly for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom I guess.

User Info: ComfortablySad

ComfortablySad
5 years ago#7
r_m_8_8 posted...
Nope. I'm recommending an accessory I liked.

Cool, I was just kidding by the way.

The newest 360 controllers have an improved D-pad but they still aren't as good as the PS3's. How much was your Hori controller?
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
http://www.astutegamers.com

User Info: JonathanMorris2

JonathanMorris2
5 years ago#8
My heart goes out to anyone playing a platformer on the 360's d-pad.

User Info: wigsplasher

wigsplasher
5 years ago#9
Both d-pad's suck. I've been playing through some pre-Analog controller PS One classics and it's a pain.
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line." - Finlandia

r_m_8_8
5 years ago#10
It was a present, but it's around $35 in Play Asia if I recall correctly.

Currently playing SoulCalibur V and KOFXIII with it, it makes a bigger difference with KOFXIII because of the precise inputs. It won't replace a fighting stick, but not being a high level player, I've always liked controllers better for fighters.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. "The PS3 d-pad is SO much better than the 360's d-pad"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived