This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Tales of Xillia price drop so fast in Japan?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why did Tales of Xillia price drop so fast in Japan?

User Info: sinncross

sinncross
5 years ago#61
More like lots of people bought the game and then sold them back to stores...

as opposed to something like Tales F which is much harder to find...
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!

User Info: Lamesy

Lamesy
5 years ago#62
Cute fight guys, well-handled on both sides... for a "I'm more Japanesey than you" pissing contest. But it's true that Evil-Gogeta never explained how he refutes the high sales --> low resale price logic. How is the "Japanese economy of gaming" (lovely flourish, you are an English teacher) so different as to not be subject to supply & demand? Are you talking about a cultural difference in the rate of reselling games? I'd agree that RPGs are usually among the least resold genres, as you'd hope for a special, involving game that one might take a while with and replay years later. But if people think they'll be re-buying a director's cut as some mentioned...

VampiricDragon
"Most companies do the same thing with popular series, they want the price to drop so more people will buy

its a tactic. Nintendo does it...."

lolno. Flagship Nintendo titles (plat & kart Marios, Zeldas, most Kirbys, etc.) continue to sell strictly at MSRP for literally years and years after release. NSMB and Mario Kart DS have dropped barely $5 in 5+ years. You are categorically wrong, Nintendo employs no such market flooding/price drop tactic.

User Info: Shineboxer

Shineboxer
5 years ago#63
I love it when a JSOG fails hard.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why did Tales of Xillia price drop so fast in Japan?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived