This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSN IDs with capital letters. I.e. MichaelBlah or JohnDerp, etc.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PSN IDs with capital letters. I.e. MichaelBlah or JohnDerp, etc.

User Info: SoldierStevens

SoldierStevens
5 years ago#1
So I'm trying to create a PSN ID. But no matter what I put in, it will NOT let me put in my name, Michael, and then ANY word starting with a capital letter after it unless I put an underscore in front of it, i.e. Michael_Stevens. I'm sure MichaelStevens is taken, that's not what I'm trying to get - but rest assured the name I am trying to get has definitely not been taken and is not dirty or has any banned words in it or anything like that.

Is that just the way PSN IDs are? I figured I'd set an account up now because I plan on getting a PS3 some time soon.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SoldierStevens | Gaming with Integrity
OIF OCT 06 - JAN 08, 1-7 CAV, 1st Cavalry Division, Forward Observer, Purple Heart.

User Info: CacaPooPoo

CacaPooPoo
5 years ago#2
My PSN ID starts with a capital letter. That's odd.
NOW PLAYING
Max Payne 3 (360) - Gears of War 3 (360) - Trials Evolution (360) - RDR (360 and PS3) - Skyrim (PC) - L4D 1&2 (PC)

SoldierStevens
5 years ago#3
I can start it with a capital letter, but the SECOND word I cannot start with a capital letter unless I put an underscore in front of it first. It always tells me the ID is taken no matter what it is unless the underscore is there.
OIF OCT 06 - JAN 08, 1-7 CAV, 1st Cavalry Division, Forward Observer, Purple Heart.

User Info: IChangedMyName

IChangedMyName
5 years ago#4
What model do you have?

I swear when the console first launched, the 20 gig had restrictions. It would NOT let me use my XBL name. So out of frustration because I just wanted to play online my very first PSN ID was and is GG9966DEAA.

Then about 8 months later I bought a 60 gig and I created a new name obviously feeling ashamed of the first one.... but here's the thing, the very same name it WOULD not let me use was good all of a sudden. Ski_Loweez which is exactly how I tried it before.

I don't know, sorry for the meaningless story and lack of help.
Playing: Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, Gears Of War 3.
Want: Fire Emblem 3DS, Zone Of The Enders HD Coll.

SoldierStevens
5 years ago#5
I don't have the PS3 yet, I'm actually trying to set this up online from the site itself.

I did create an alternate PSN ID on an empty email just to see if I could, hence I know that everything I try works with underscores separating the first and second words. =\

User Info: CacaPooPoo

CacaPooPoo
5 years ago#6
Well, my PSN ID is actually TheCorey so unless they've changed the way it has to be formatted since 2008 I'm not sure why it wouldn't let you do that if it's available.
NOW PLAYING
Max Payne 3 (360) - Gears of War 3 (360) - Trials Evolution (360) - RDR (360 and PS3) - Skyrim (PC) - L4D 1&2 (PC)

User Info: IChangedMyName

IChangedMyName
5 years ago#7
Yea see, I couldn't figure out why when it happened to me and no one believed it whe I told them the story. I have a friend who was witness to it.

But I haven't had any issues since then and I've created multiple accounts since. Maybe even if its capitalized or not the word/name your choosing is in use in a nother form.

Example: MlChEaI (MLChEaL) but the other guy has mlcheaL (mLcheaL)

I really didn't understand how or why then, but thats the best I can come up with now.
Playing: Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record U.C. 0081, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, Gears Of War 3.
Want: Fire Emblem 3DS, Zone Of The Enders HD Coll.

SoldierStevens
5 years ago#8
Well, the name I've chosen has never been used before. Ever. Anywhere. Lol. And it didn't show up in any of the PSN ID checking places (including the trophy search area) that I could find.

It's bugging the crap out of me. >_<

User Info: DEKMStephens

DEKMStephens
5 years ago#9
I think some systems just naturally screen against uses of certain username sets

I remember my normal username when i tried to make an account on youtube was "unavailable", and i find it hard to believe someone out there has also used DEKMStephens
The official Armored Lightning and Cinque of any FF board
Return Moe! D:<

User Info: Power Turtle

Power Turtle
5 years ago#10
I made an account with several capitol letters in it just about a month ago..

Make sure no part of your ID is used in your password. Also, im not sure if this might be the case but some places dont let you use any of your real name in your screen name.. dont think that matters here but just in case.. change the name you entered to Meat Popcicle or sometging and then see if yer wanted screen name works.

Thats all i can offer you, buddy :( If its worth it to you, you could call customer support and they'd hopefully tell you the exact reason.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PSN IDs with capital letters. I.e. MichaelBlah or JohnDerp, etc.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived