This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Really IGN, really? Both Dragon Dogma and Skyrim have about the same problem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Really IGN, really? Both Dragon Dogma and Skyrim have about the same problem

User Info: XFactor1

XFactor1
5 years ago#11
Skyrim is a hipster type wandering/exploration experience like Journey.

If Skyrim were scored based on the combat system, menus and gameplay it would be about a 7/10 game.

Dogma isn't as good as Dark Souls combat so there you have a lower score since it doesn't do what Dark Souls (deep combat) or Skyim (RPG quests) do well.
--

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
5 years ago#12
yem69420 posted...
Skyrim and Morrowind are almost identical, yet I'd give Skyrim a 7/10 and Morrowind a 10/10. What's your point TC?
wut

My point is that even though two games share similarities, it doesn't mean they're equally as good.

A bad ending in a 5 our FPS is different to a bad ending to a trilogy of RPG's.
http://i.imgur.com/ueSFG.gif

User Info: ManjiMidou

ManjiMidou
5 years ago#13
VampiricDragon_ posted...
and suikoden ds got am 8.5 from ign

Either hate all reviews, or hate none, dont pick and choose a site...........

all reviews are pretty terrible these days regardless of score. Its how its written

l'm not hating on the review. l just made an observation and decided to comment on it.
My definition of an Asian buffet, is having Morning Musume all to myself......

User Info: Zurrur

Zurrur
5 years ago#14
JRPGs get lower scores than WRPGs because they have higher standards
Dragons Dogma is much better than Skyrim

User Info: Elements012894

Elements012894
5 years ago#15
ManjiMidou posted...
The ps3 version was basically un-playable after a certain point in the game, and let's not forget all the other bugs and so on.

How come Skyrim didn't get points deducted from that or their boring combat system

Most people didn't reach the 50 hour mark required to have that happen, by the time the reviews came out.
You think locked content would've been made in the first place if they weren't going to charge for it?

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
5 years ago#16
Crud, this topic reminded me that I forgot to write a scathing review of Suikoden Tierkreis on the DS after I played it. It's too bad I got rid of that garbage game after beating it and wouldn't fire it up again even if I hadn't so now it's too late.

So wait, what are we talking about again? Dragon's Dogma and Skyrim are the same game but have different review scores? Oh, they aren't the same game, at all? So what the hell is this topic about?

User Info: agrissa

agrissa
5 years ago#17
Western reviews are biased towards Western games, while Japanese reviews are biased towards Japanese games.....this has been known for a long time. I hope there is a culture-bias free review site somewhere, but I don't know if there is any.
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.

User Info: MercuryPSP

MercuryPSP
5 years ago#18
Zurrur posted...
JRPGs get lower scores than WRPGs because they have higher standards
Dragons Dogma is much better than Skyrim

XD
PSN: MercuryEQ
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/MercuryEQ
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Really IGN, really? Both Dragon Dogma and Skyrim have about the same problem

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived