This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something is wrong with me, I can't get into Arkham City!!! :(

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Something is wrong with me, I can't get into Arkham City!!! :(

User Info: Kenny18

Kenny18
5 years ago#1
I absolutely loved Arkham Asylum, beat it about 3 times. Now Arkham City on the other hand...I just can't! I'm finding it hard to play most games for longer than 10 minutes, I'm just getting bored. Should I push myself through Arkham City? I'm not that far in, about two hours I think.
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd77/skater1818/Lulz.jpg

User Info: STN79

STN79
5 years ago#2
Well it is an open world kinda game and those can get overwhelming at times.
So much to do and you really have to be determined to stick with it.
Any game like this would tend to get boring after a while.
Especially if you're distracted by playing other games as well.

User Info: MrMikeMa

MrMikeMa
5 years ago#3
The only problem I had with Arkham City was that the city was too predictable and boring. I wish the enemy layout changed constantly, and/or they added more variety to it.

After I while, you heard the same stuff over and over, the fights were the same over and over, there was no real incentive to take on fights, and I just wound up taking to the rooftops to AVOID fights, which made the city feel like unnecessary filler.

I like the combat, but not a huge fan of the rock/paper/scissor style of combat. The free form combat got old fast as well.
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/

User Info: BlueSkies7776

BlueSkies7776
5 years ago#4
I hda trouble getting into it too. I think it's because of the open world feel.
-Why don't you wait until you're asked?
-Why don't you ask me?

User Info: AzureVergil

AzureVergil
5 years ago#5
I had more fun with Asylum than City.

City was too short (Story missions) and the city was just repetitive. I preferred the Metroid-ish feel of Asylum than the Sandbox feel of City.

User Info: ohmyupoorchild

ohmyupoorchild
5 years ago#6
I felt the same. I came pretty close to getting the platinum in AA. For AC I barely had the motivation to finish the game. I'm generally a fan of open world games, but I think I prefer the Metroid\Castlevania style as well, at least for Batman.
PSN: detoxifying

User Info: Mantiso

Mantiso
5 years ago#7
It's quite overwhelming at the start because they throw loads of sub missions and tasks at you from the get go. But it's easy enough if you just follow the main story missions. You'll be in the swing of things in no time.

But yeah, I don't think it was as well crafted or engrossing as AA. The story, missions and baddies all seemed a bit random and disjointed. Still a good game though.
"3rd time watching you're thinking, how does he get his jumper on?" - Karl Pilkington on The Elephant Man
PSN ID: SolidKev

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
5 years ago#8
i couldnt either i think its because i dont like batman to much,
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Something is wrong with me, I can't get into Arkham City!!! :(

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived