This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Gay Gamer Convention is NOT Necessary (Gaymercon 2013)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. A Gay Gamer Convention is NOT Necessary (Gaymercon 2013)

User Info: MarioParty2

MarioParty2
4 years ago#1
http://www.airbornegamer.com/2012/08/06/gay-gamer-convention-not-necessary-gaymercon/

Thoughts?
PSN- Lamburghini89 GT-FerrariParadise

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
4 years ago#2
I have never heard of such things, but I approve.
(message deleted)

User Info: mx_703

mx_703
4 years ago#4
I don't see a point in this either. I mean, it would be for finding people like you and meet new friends and even potential mates, but why does this need a separate convention?

Do black people get a game convention? Do straight people? Do transgender people?
PSN & MGO:mx703, AriZona XLink: mx_703

User Info: undeadeath

undeadeath
4 years ago#5
Eh, it seems weird but if it makes people feel better and they're enjoying themselves then I see nothing wrong with it. Conventions usually generate a decent amount of cash flow for local businesses too which is in turn good for everybody else in times of economic hardship.
Check out my friend's gaming blog! - http://gameternity.wordpress.com/

User Info: Lowtan_Lane

Lowtan_Lane
4 years ago#6
Gay gamers.... Really? This is getting out of hand. Gay pride parade isn't enough? Fact gays don't need separate meet ups because they like ****. Gay schooling is next?
"...And since she isn't my gf I don't give a crap what her hobbies are. I'll only see her(them) a couple times a month." --- Lowtan_Lane

User Info: iPutinWORK

iPutinWORK
4 years ago#7
iPutinWORK (25) | Board List | Topic List | Post New Message | Track Topic

*grabs popcorn*
PSN: iCheatNSpaM-24_7
*Favorites* | SMB3 | SMW | FFT | FFX | MvC2 | Pokemon R/B

User Info: Ryphis_Demeanor

Ryphis_Demeanor
4 years ago#8
While we are at it why don't we shut down gamefaqs so angry nerds can't discuss trivial matters anymore.

I think you get my point...

User Info: Shy420

Shy420
4 years ago#9
For a group of people who want to fight so hard for equality it only makes sense to separate themselves from straight gamers. That's equality for ya. huzzah. Do as I say not as I do.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.

User Info: antoinejones

antoinejones
4 years ago#10
mx_703 posted...
I don't see a point in this either. I mean, it would be for finding people like you and meet new friends and even potential mates, but why does this need a separate convention?

Do black people get a game convention? Do straight people? Do transgender people?

you just answered that question yourself... who WOULDNT want a girlfriend that was a gamer (youll never have to hear the nagging about "you play those dumb games too much") and if you went to E3 most likely any girl there is a gamer right.. so youd take your chances... however a gay or lesbian couldnt do that at E3 because they might approach someone who isnt gay and wind getting punched in the face lmao... so a gay gamer convention would allow someone whos gay to find someone with similar interests and possibly a mate... so yeah I really dont see the issue.
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. A Gay Gamer Convention is NOT Necessary (Gaymercon 2013)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived