This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ubisoft predicts opportunities to pair microtransactions with $60 games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ubisoft predicts opportunities to pair microtransactions with $60 games

User Info: Paragon57

Paragon57
4 years ago#1
Future Ubisoft games could offer in-game purchases after taking an initial $60 chomp of your wallet. GamesBeat says during an investor call, Ubisoft CFO Alain Martinez and Worldwide Online Director Stéphanie Perotti acknowledged the “flexibility” of free-to-play business models and the “opportunity” for full-priced games offering microtransactional items.

“Free-to-play is a very flexible business model,” Perotti said. “The player has the capability to spend more than in a traditional model. We can control everything from the pricing to marketing as if we were an online store.”

“With games like Watch Dogs, we could see more opportunity for $60 games to learn from the free-to-play model,” Martinez added. “The next generation will offer more and more item-based content. This will benefit our games’ profitability.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/01/ubisoft-microtransaction-full-game/
P a r a g o n 5 7 was here!
NEW NEW DANTE! http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1331/newnewdante.png

User Info: OtakuGamera

OtakuGamera
4 years ago#2
DLC isnt enough?
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P

User Info: Nikos_the_great

Nikos_the_great
4 years ago#3
Aw, and I had high hopes for watch dogs :(

User Info: RyuuHou25

RyuuHou25
4 years ago#4
Yeah, try doing that with full retail priced games and see how well that goes over. Idiots.

Ah well, no more Ubisoft/Watch Dog games.
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB

User Info: PhoenixRush

PhoenixRush
4 years ago#5
Ugh, next gen is gonna suck...
Oh boy, we're going to the sperm bank!- Sophia Petrillo

User Info: GM_

GM_
4 years ago#6
Just crash already game industry. This is stupid.
Trolling the Mods since 2009

User Info: Paragon57

Paragon57
4 years ago#7
Bump.
P a r a g o n 5 7 was here!
NEW NEW DANTE! http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1331/newnewdante.png

User Info: OfficeChair

OfficeChair
4 years ago#8
Cool. Do it.

Not only will I NOT spend my money on the crappy items you made for micro-transactions (when you should of spent that effort somewhere else), I won't buy the vanilla version of the game.

Thank you for letting me know openly Ubisoft that you plan to be scumbags.
this topic is ruined

User Info: RoxasANobody

RoxasANobody
4 years ago#9
OfficeChair posted...
Thank you for letting me know openly Ubisoft that you plan to be scumbags.

Because a company seeks to make additional profit, you mark them as "scumbags"? The entirety of the organization - mind you. Not just the financial advisers who saw a potential profit margin, but the intern running to get everyone coffee all the way up to the CEO who writes the 1,000+ staff a paycheck? You're condemning all of those people because you're upset that Ubisoft wishes to profit off of content consumers will inevitably buy?
"I've got so much love to give."
Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, NFS: The Run, and Gran Turismo 5

User Info: undeadeath

undeadeath
4 years ago#10
I'll just wait for big price drops and avoid buying any of the extra content in the game, like DLC.
Check out my friend's gaming blog! - http://gameternity.wordpress.com/
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ubisoft predicts opportunities to pair microtransactions with $60 games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived