This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom: "Resident Evil is supposed to be like Call of Duty, not survival horror"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Capcom: "Resident Evil is supposed to be like Call of Duty, not survival horror"

User Info: THMBZDownGNZUp

THMBZDownGNZUp
5 years ago#11
What's next Crapcom? On-disc DLC or something?

User Info: TheWarHorse

TheWarHorse
5 years ago#12
Well, at least they've admitted that they've turned the series into casual garbage. I mean, the less brain power you have to use in a game the more it sells. Gamer IQ just keeps getting dumber and dumber and they want their crappy action TPS's.
They might as well just put this awful series on an iPhone or Android. It's pretty much that casual and dumb now.
Intel Pentium II 266MHz - 32MB RAM (SIMMs) - 4GB HDD - ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM. - CD-ROM - 56k modem - AOL Dial-Up - Windows ME

User Info: AXKSION

AXKSION
5 years ago#13
"but suggested that there may be room for the series to try the old survival horror approach or entirely new territory through a spin-off or side game."

So, there is the possibility of a true Resident Evil Resident Evil spin-off?

@__________________________________@

Uhmmmm, shouldn't it be vice versa, with the action games that are the spin offs? I am very confused now.
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4797/rehash2.jpg
axksionsatisfaxksion

User Info: Sevi_ney

Sevi_ney
5 years ago#14
Commence raging butthurt!!!

LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RinCIqjfIe8
(+.[___].+) a literal illustration of the Vita board ^

User Info: CronoDyne

CronoDyne
5 years ago#15
Capcom: "We require oxygen to live."

Here's the fundamental flaw with Capcom's marketing strategy: those who want Call of Duty have Call of Duty, and those who want Resident Evil no longer have it. You appeal to and please no one.
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.

User Info: ThePuddingMan

ThePuddingMan
5 years ago#16
i wouldn't be surprised if re7 is an actual FPS

User Info: CrimsonGear80

CrimsonGear80
5 years ago#17
look up games you consider "survival horror* this gen, then see how much they sell. Exactly.

Game companies are businesses first. get used to it.
The song is called "Baba O' Riley", NOT "Teenage Wasteland".
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif

User Info: killak

killak
5 years ago#18
"fans": we don't want it action oriented, we just want to shoot zombies with lots of pistols, rifles, grenade launchers, explosives and rocket launchers."

fans: (o.O)
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"

User Info: HorrorSindicate

HorrorSindicate
5 years ago#19
CrimsonGear80 posted...
look up games you consider "survival horror* this gen, then see how much they sell. Exactly.

Game companies are businesses first. get used to it.

Yet no one has really made a good Survival Horror game this Gen so that data is going to be a bit Skewed. And following trends isn't exactly a great way to keep any customer loyalty. If I want CoD I would go to source not some lame knock off.
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Capcom: "Resident Evil is supposed to be like Call of Duty, not survival horror"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived