This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just finished MGS3 HD.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Just finished MGS3 HD.

User Info: Daggeraxe

Daggeraxe
4 years ago#11
Glad you enjoyed it! MGS3 is my favorite game of all time. Sadly, it all went downhill from there for me...

I had huge expectations for MGS4 but was greatly disappointed and it became my least favorite MGS game. Even without taking into consideration my huge expectations, I felt the game was a failure.

Peace Walker is the only MGS game I couldn't even bother to finish. It was at that point I felt the story had became too crazy for me to handle.

I'm still looking forward to Ground Zeroes, though.

User Info: Thamauturge

Thamauturge
4 years ago#12
MGS is one of the only series where I can say that each and every one was awesome. I would rank it MGS3=MGS4>MGS1>MGS2. I didn't like MGS2's selection of villains and Raiden was a let down.
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Batman Arkham City, MGS4, Dark Souls, Dynasty Warriors 7

User Info: NSYNC

NSYNC
4 years ago#13
If only part 2 and 4 never happened or atleast had a decent plot you could understand....

1 and 3 are all-time greats, but they and the entire MGS series get dragged down by those two clunkers.

User Info: st1ll_x

st1ll_x
4 years ago#14
MGS1 was the reason to own a PS1
MGS2 and MGS3 were the reason to own a PS2
MGS4 on the other hand...ehhhhhh

I think Revengeance and Ground Zeroes will be really good also.
I have to go the HD Collection also...I'm sure I can find them for a low price now?
I played and loved half of METAL GEAR SOLID 4.
Problem?

User Info: Kingmichael1337

Kingmichael1337
4 years ago#15
BJ_Kill posted...
1 & 2 had way better endings, 3's was pretty good though.

lol are you srs

i don't remember the ending to mgs1 all that well because it's been forever since i've played it, but mgs2's mindscrew ending sucked and mgs3's ending was just incredible; like srsly, one of the best endings of any game i've played
the mods are watching me

User Info: danny5329

danny5329
4 years ago#16
Kingmichael1337 posted...
BJ_Kill posted...
1 & 2 had way better endings, 3's was pretty good though.

lol are you srs

i don't remember the ending to mgs1 all that well because it's been forever since i've played it, but mgs2's mindscrew ending sucked and mgs3's ending was just incredible; like srsly, one of the best endings of any game i've played

So true. 3 has the best ending hands down. Bar none.

User Info: Neverender_IV

Neverender_IV
4 years ago#17
Better late than never.

So far I beat the original once, then subsistence, and just recently I beat the 3DS version. I have the HD collection for vita, so when I'm not so busy I'll get around to beating it again on that.

User Info: LifeOfSyn

LifeOfSyn
4 years ago#18
TC, I can't really improve on what you said. Love your enthusiasm. It is a masterpiece.
Platinum Games: Possibly the worst studio in the history of gaming.

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 years ago#19
long time since I played and beat this game in japanese and english .if I remember right di not the ending change if you saved or killed someone SPOILER
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
this is my set-up http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u28/importer1/

User Info: Kingmichael1337

Kingmichael1337
4 years ago#20
djwagon posted...
long time since I played and beat this game in japanese and english .if I remember right di not the ending change if you saved or killed someone SPOILER

that's because you did it anyway; you weren't being given a choice
the mods are watching me
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Just finished MGS3 HD.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived