This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS+ is a ripoff service

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS+ is a ripoff service

User Info: BorisTheOgre

BorisTheOgre
4 years ago#11
flame030191 posted...
So all these discounts, even ones over 50% off, doesn't count now? Just the fact that, one year later, you either have to renew or lose games you got free?

lmao

how is it really a dicount if you pay 50 a year anyway?

and thos "discount" games are overpriced to begin with

if i told u a ps3 is worth 800 dollars right now and then said i would reduce the price to 300 because i love u ........

that would be a scam just like ps+

but my case is actually more subtle
i am not a troll I am an Ogre
get it right you simpletons

User Info: secondhand1

secondhand1
4 years ago#12
Thank you for creating an account to tell me how sorry you feel for me.
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.

User Info: jubjub360

jubjub360
4 years ago#13
BorisTheOgre posted...
flame030191 posted...
So all these discounts, even ones over 50% off, doesn't count now? Just the fact that, one year later, you either have to renew or lose games you got free?

lmao

how is it really a dicount if you pay 50 a year anyway?

and thos "discount" games are overpriced to begin with

if i told u a ps3 is worth 800 dollars right now and then said i would reduce the price to 300 because i love u ........

that would be a scam just like ps+

but my case is actually more subtle

... The f*** did I just read?
People who support SOPA to those who don't= 1:2
Type "I do not like SOPA" and I will add you to the count.

User Info: Still__Rippin

Still__Rippin
4 years ago#14
flame030191 posted...

Exactly. I save over $50 a year in discounts alone. Everything else is just gravy. I can only conclude TC is poor or not smart.
Propaganda- What lies before us and lies ahead of us are small matters compared to what lies right to our faces.
PSN- Rip_Dat_Bong

User Info: HoIlywood

HoIlywood
4 years ago#15
I used PS+ for the first year, I was a day one buyer

regret it immensely, I had like 50 free games that I never played(because they were boring or not my genre)

betas are a joke because anytime I tried to join one I couldn't download it like with the DC:U one, because their servers suck

and the discounts for anything useful came long after you would have bought a game at full price, much like their free game selection, comes too late

didn't bother me at all not renewing it, just deleted all the games that I never played to begin with
Proof That The PS Vita Has Flopped!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-67ZbpOlCA

User Info: BorisTheOgre

BorisTheOgre
4 years ago#16
Kage-Maru posted...
NCPwn posted...
You don't get choice on your rented games.

get plus when theres a free game you want, there you go. most games these days just take hours to beat, you will be done before your + runs out

LOL

if u play a game for few hours and then never have the urge to touch it again ur not a true gamer

i guess PS+ only appeals to fake gamers and CASUALS who cant understand they are being ripped off

a true gamer will play a game and then have the urge to play it again YEARS down the road

if they dont, that game wasnt worht playing to begin with............
i am not a troll I am an Ogre
get it right you simpletons

User Info: NCPwn

NCPwn
4 years ago#17
Kage-Maru posted...
NCPwn posted...

get plus when theres a free game you want, there you go. most games these days just take hours to beat, you will be done before your + runs out

Maybe, but my games I want are never on 50% off, and I don't buy that many games.
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst

User Info: ManuKesna

ManuKesna
4 years ago#18
Kage-Maru posted...
NCPwn posted...

LOL

if u play a game for few hours and then never have the urge to touch it again ur not a true gamer

i guess PS+ only appeals to fake gamers and CASUALS who cant understand they are being ripped off

a true gamer will play a game and then have the urge to play it again YEARS down the road

if they dont, that game wasnt worht playing to begin with............

sorry i dont have the time to play the same game over and over again for YEARS! :o and yeah I have PS+ and I am a fake gamer and a casual! oh noes :o
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
4 years ago#19
Still__Rippin posted...
flame030191 posted...

Exactly. I save over $50 a year in discounts alone. Everything else is just gravy. I can only conclude TC is poor or not smart.

agreed I am leaning toward TC isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer anyway,I have saved a lot of money with the discounts and getting the games at no additional cost is worth $50 a year for me.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM

User Info: ShadianVise

ShadianVise
4 years ago#20
NCPwn posted...
I agree TC.

You don't get choice on your rented games. Would you pay money for Netflix if you could only pick from a select set of movies (say 10). Heck borderlands just came to PS+, HOW many years did that take?

I'll enjoy my demo + purchase PSN games and own them for life, thank you.

Actually, you absolutely pay Netflix to watch a set number of movies, which is whatever they provide for you. PS+ certainly isn't false advertising, you get exactly what it offers you. It's your fault if you get butthurt that you got a 'free' game from PS+ and can't play it after your subscription expires. The potential for exploitation without that in place is far too high for any company to allow.
http://www.youtube.com/ShadianVise
TLoZ: Oracle of Ages playthrough in progress.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS+ is a ripoff service

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived