This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think I got the acclaimed blinking red light of death

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I think I got the acclaimed blinking red light of death

User Info: skatecboy45

skatecboy45
4 years ago#1
My ps3 shut off in the middle of gaming and started flashing the light at me... It's a 60 phat that I got during launch. Do you guys know much about how easy this is to fix, or should I just get a new one?

User Info: IvanKozlov

IvanKozlov
4 years ago#2
If its just a red flashing light, it just overheated. If it is a quick yellow light then a red flashing light, it's dead.
I'll not stop moving forward. I'll not regret a single step I had taken. That's why...I order you...Do not betray me! And do not leave my side! No matter what.
(message deleted)

User Info: skatecboy45

skatecboy45
4 years ago#4
Yeah it was just blinking red, when I turned it back on it booted up fine, then went into a "checking of system is corrupted mode," and then died again in the middle of it. If it's overheated maybe I should move it out of my entertainment center.

User Info: servb0ts

servb0ts
4 years ago#5
mine overheated as well last yeay and gave it plenty of air to breath. Phat PS3 are destine for failure 99% of the time.
PSN Qornut. Proud to be a gamer on Nintendo & Sony systems. August 18th 2011 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3.
--Very Excited about Final Fantasy XIV coming to PS3.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I think I got the acclaimed blinking red light of death

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived