This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch vs. Tales of Xillia, best JRPGs next year

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch vs. Tales of Xillia, best JRPGs next year

User Info: SkyChaseZone

SkyChaseZone
4 years ago#91
Ni No Kuni looks like the battle system could be kind of slow and plodding and a little too easy... so I'm not sure. The music, graphics and story will be better than Xillia, though, I think.
Softer than a pillow stuffed with bunnies.

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
4 years ago#92
SkyChaseZone posted...
Ni No Kuni looks like the battle system could be kind of slow and plodding and a little too easy... so I'm not sure. The music, graphics and story will be better than Xillia, though, I think.

The game may look simplistic, but it's not quite easy nor is it overtly difficult.
You will possibly have issues later on with some monsters and bosses.
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!

User Info: mmc2679

mmc2679
4 years ago#93
I am getting both. I've already pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of Ni No Kuni. :D 2013 is already looking to be a good year.
Since I am here that means I am hopelessly lost and need your help with something (or I have nothing better to do at the moment).

User Info: pokemon_45_79_1

pokemon_45_79_1
4 years ago#94
NNK even though I am getting both anyway, but NI Ni Kuni feels a lot like DQVIII for the current gen. ToX haven't played it but am looking forward to it coming to the west next year,
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.

User Info: Lelouch71

Lelouch71
4 years ago#95
I'm looking more forward to Xillia 2 tbh. It's more to my liking than the prequel. However, Xillia 1 have more appeal to me between the two. I won't bash NNK but it doesn't really appeal to me much. I've been a Tales fan for close to a decade so naturally I'll have more interest in Xillia 1.
"When you come at the king you best not miss"

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
4 years ago#96
Lelouch71 posted...
I'm looking more forward to Xillia 2 tbh. It's more to my liking than the prequel. However, Xillia 1 have more appeal to me between the two. I won't bash NNK but it doesn't really appeal to me much. I've been a Tales fan for close to a decade so naturally I'll have more interest in Xillia 1.

Different strokes for different folks.
I've been a Tales fan since ToD on the PS1, but I'm also a huge fan of Studio Ghibli and Level 5 since Dark Cloud (WKC however..), so I'm more excited for NNK.

But I just hope Xillia 1 does well enough so we can see Xillia 2 localized.
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!

User Info: EtroAnime

EtroAnime
4 years ago#97
Ni no Kuni for me, Xilia looks beautiful but I haven't heard great things about the game plus being a fan of Studio Ghibi makes me kind of biased even if I do like some of the Tales of games with Abyss being my all time favorite.
Waiting for: PlayStation All-Stars & Ni no Kuni
PSN ID: Rammel29

User Info: Bleach313

Bleach313
4 years ago#98
Tales of Xillia

Ni No Kuni looks good to but I just can't bring myself to put another JRPG over Tales. Tales have been great for me over the past years and this one shouldn't disappoint either. From what I hear also the game is good. I'm getting both anyways but I just prefer Xillia over NNK just from watching gameplay from both.

User Info: SieKensou

SieKensou
4 years ago#99
Bleach313 posted...
Tales of Xillia

Ni No Kuni looks good to but I just can't bring myself to put another JRPG over Tales. Tales have been great for me over the past years and this one shouldn't disappoint either. From what I hear also the game is good. I'm getting both anyways but I just prefer Xillia over NNK just from watching gameplay from both.

don't hype yourself about xillia because you'll only be disappointed if you do...
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462

User Info: Xechs

Xechs
4 years ago#100
Ni no Kuni for me. Just mainly because I love level 5 gameplay in their games and it's ghibli and well just something different. Definitely got my attention more.

As for xillia I just hope the characters and music is a lot better then graces. I'd be a bit disappoint if 3 console tales games in a row disappointed. Vesperia was the last one I really enjoyed, I even liked hearts a lot more and hopefully xillia will also have that nice hybrid gameplay and "team symphonia" quality charming characters and skits.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch vs. Tales of Xillia, best JRPGs next year

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived