This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the deal with skyrim?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What's the deal with skyrim?

User Info: GM_

GM_
4 years ago#11
Quote:GM_ posted...
They aren't for you then. Also Bethesda games aren't played for the stories.

Then what are they played for?

@jubjub360

Their massive open worlds and for the exploration. I spent 60 hours in Fallout 3 doing nothing but exploring buildings, sewers and destroyed cities before ever starting the story. I had a blast just doing this and the side Quests were fun.

I enjoyed those small moments when I'd randomly find an old town being attacked by Mutants and after I killed them all a kid came to me and thanked me but then I found out his only family member was killed. So then I found him a new home and my good deed spread across the lore of the game and I heard about myself on the Radio in the game.

All of those small things add up to a grand experience. That's why I had over 200 hours in FO3 on one character.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: jubjub360

jubjub360
4 years ago#12
GM_ posted...

@jubjub360

Their massive open worlds and for the exploration. I spent 60 hours in Fallout 3 doing nothing but exploring buildings, sewers and destroyed cities before ever starting the story. I had a blast just doing this and the side Quests were fun.

I enjoyed those small moments when I'd randomly find an old town being attacked by Mutants and after I killed them all a kid came to me and thanked me but then I found out his only family member was killed. So then I found him a new home and my good deed spread across the lore of the game and I heard about myself on the Radio in the game.

All of those small things add up to a grand experience. That's why I had over 200 hours in FO3 on one character.

Weird. I played Skyrim, Oblivion, and the Fallout series for that and the story.
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg

User Info: notSFF

notSFF
4 years ago#13
Well, you certainly can play NEW VEGAS for the story, but with Fallout 3 and the ES games, its all about the gameplay/open world.

ES games have pretty good background lore though.

User Info: Ninja4H

Ninja4H
4 years ago#14
Always played a steath/archer character, so I find the combat satisfying. Sure, hack n slash isn't upto scratch, but everything else the word offers sure as hell makes up for it.
"Riding the Lightning"
PSN - VoodooPimp138 {-} MGO - thelastninja

User Info: GM_

GM_
4 years ago#15

@jubjub360

Weird. I played Skyrim, Oblivion, and the Fallout series for that and the story.

@jubjub360

FO3 story wasn't all that great to me. It was about you finding daddy and saving the water. Lol
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: peter_888

peter_888
4 years ago#16
well the overall combat in skyrim doesn't really have much depth and the story in skyrim for most of the main quest is a bit generic.(except for Thieves guild and dark brotherhood) but the game strongest point is the exploration.
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What's the deal with skyrim?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived