This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow I cant believe I stripped 2 screws just trying to swap out a hard drive. :(

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Wow I cant believe I stripped 2 screws just trying to swap out a hard drive. :(

User Info: HappyBull

HappyBull
4 years ago#1
Am I screwed (pun intended :P) or will only using two screws suffice to hold a hard drive in the ps3 metal bracket?

User Info: _Deadeye_CM_

_Deadeye_CM_
4 years ago#2
You should probably learn why you have more than one "small" Phillips screwdriver. Hint: They're actually different sizes.

Two screws should hold it in fine.
---
PSN: MisterDeadeye

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
4 years ago#3
you can go to radioshack or another electronics store like it and tell them you need you need hard drive screws if your worried that 2 screws won't hold.You can also get a tool if you don't have one to remove the stripped screws
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM

User Info: Thor61

Thor61
4 years ago#4
Duck tape

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
4 years ago#5
This is why Robertson screws are superior. Philips sucks.
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo

User Info: HappyBull

HappyBull
4 years ago#6
Thanks guys. Even though most of the blame can be put towards me, these screws still kinda suck tbh lol.

User Info: Shankis

Shankis
4 years ago#7
Duck tape

It's duct tape, bud. It doesn't quack.
PSN: Impaired_Medic

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
4 years ago#8
HappyBull posted...
Am I screwed (pun intended :P) or will only using two screws suffice to hold a hard drive in the ps3 metal bracket?

I've read this happening a ton of times to a ton of people. People should look at the tc and watch out for stripping the screw if they plan to switch out the hard drive.

User Info: kel25

kel25
4 years ago#9
Sony really does use some of the cheapest screws for their hard drives. Every time I've swapped a hard drive on a PS3 I've stripped at least 1 screw.

User Info: cycledance

cycledance
4 years ago#10
don't use the bracket at all. just put a new hd in there and use some folded paper on the sides to keep it snug.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Wow I cant believe I stripped 2 screws just trying to swap out a hard drive. :(

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived