This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you prefer the ps3 controller over 360's?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why do you prefer the ps3 controller over 360's?

User Info: NJQuestCat

NJQuestCat
4 years ago#1
It doesnt fit as snug in my hands but the d-pad and other face buttons feel much better to me.

I really prefer the triggers on 360.

I like the feel of the ps3 analog sticks but the placement of 360s.

Ill be getting a 360 controller adaptor for my ps3 so i can enjoy it for FPSs. Everything else...i like using the DS3 for.

BE SPECIFIC if u can

User Info: Romangelo

Romangelo
4 years ago#2
because it's better.
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II

User Info: kel25

kel25
4 years ago#3
Because I have been using it one way or another since the SNES.

User Info: Draconas_Lyrr

Draconas_Lyrr
4 years ago#4
Is, "Everything," an appropriate answer? The 360 controller doesn't have any redeeming qualities for me, other than it's a slight improvement over the original Xbox controller.
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
4 years ago#5
I don't. I've been using a 360 controller for emulated games and a scant few others for the PC (I don't even use the 360) and got a Speedlink Xeox Xbox 360 style controller for the PS3 and it is great for racing games and games like Ratchet and Clank and several others. I quite enjoy using it.
If you have accepted Santa Christ as your lord and saviour, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig.

NJQuestCat
4 years ago#6
Wario_man posted...
I don't. I've been using a 360 controller for emulated games and a scant few others for the PC (I don't even use the 360) and got a Speedlink Xeox Xbox 360 style controller for the PS3 and it is great for racing games and games like Ratchet and Clank and several others. I quite enjoy using it.

Do you have the xcm cross battle adapter or only a 3rd party 360 gampad imitation?

NJQuestCat
4 years ago#7
Theres something about the face buttons that i dont like on the 360 controller. The ps3 buttons have a nice press to them...

User Info: Kodega

Kodega
4 years ago#8
I don't. I also don't really like fighting games so the d-pad issue doesn't ever really pop-up for me. Beyond that the offset sticks has never bothered me at all either.

The PS3 controller is mostly good, but I don't find the controller nearly as comfortable and even though I've gotten used to the triggers I still wouldn't call them a good design. Pro-triggers help, but they're still not great.

The blue-tooth vs wireless has never been an issue though my first gen sixaxis controller has a bad tendency to drop connection out of nowhere. Which isn't really a problem anymore since it has been retired by the DS3's which have never dropped a connection on me.

Speaking of which the sixaxis was a terrible gimmick. I'm glad it's been pretty much dropped by everyone.
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
4 years ago#9
my ps3 controllers dont run on AA batteries (i dont own any of the later 360 controller revisions because i have rechargable AA batteries)

other than that nothing... as much as i hate the 360 (which i do alot) they have the best controller (its only beaten by the gamecube controller, which is the best)
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: LionheartCJ

LionheartCJ
4 years ago#10
A decent D-Pad
www.youtube.com/watch?v=49F4qRtNfUw - YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!, YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why do you prefer the ps3 controller over 360's?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived