This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait...Did the PS3 beat the 360 sales?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Wait...Did the PS3 beat the 360 sales?

User Info: kinglink13

kinglink13
4 years ago#1
So I went on wiki (I know wiki) and it says the PS3 has 70.2 million sales while the 360 has 70 million.

Is this true?
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic

User Info: Universquall

Universquall
4 years ago#2
Unlikely. It's just certain it will. Considering MS's continued struggles at retail.
After the Fallout

User Info: servb0ts

servb0ts
4 years ago#3
yeah, but still growning.
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner

User Info: ScreamingMidget

ScreamingMidget
4 years ago#4
Yes, it did.

User Info: aneurysm

aneurysm
4 years ago#5
I bought my 360 filthy cheap ($50nzd) as it was illegitimately aquired, just so I could play it until I could afford a ps3, which I've had for a year now whilst the xbox RROD on me. I wouldn't have paid full price for the 360, to fork out extra for a15m ethernet cable + xbox live...
Some may never live, but the crazy never die

aneurysm
4 years ago#6
Hangover = forgot to add the point of my post. 360 only had bigger sales than ps3 until now because they rushed it and its a cheaper fault ridden door stop alternative to the sleek design of the sexy beast that is the ps3. It's a pity the ps store sucks though. Change it back

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
4 years ago#7
The Xbox is still a few million in the lead and probably gained another million over Black Friday like it did last year.

User Info: FearPotion

FearPotion
4 years ago#8
They are practically even right now sitting at 70 million. Yes, the PS3 caught up and is going in 2nd place.

User Info: kuter

kuter
4 years ago#9
When you think about it, the only reason MS sold that much, is because of the early RROD.

aneurysm
4 years ago#10
kuter posted...
When you think about it, the only reason MS sold that much, is because of the early RROD.

I'm sure those who RROD got replaced didn't count as a second sale? They got given a new one for free under warranty
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Wait...Did the PS3 beat the 360 sales?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived