This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nothing ruins immersion more than disappearing bodies

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Nothing ruins immersion more than disappearing bodies

User Info: Dillon360

Dillon360
4 years ago#1
It's 2012 and I can't believe that a ton of games still do this.

At least wait until I enter the next room or I am 30 feet away from a body before it disappears...

Nothing is more powerful than seeing a room full of bodies and seeing the destruction and chaos that you caused. Like in Max Payne 3, after a gunfight, bodies are EVERYWHERE. Leaned up against walls and on tables. Bodies can even stack up on top of each other with realistic physics. It's awesome. It's such a simple feature but it really does bring you more into the game...

Then I go and play Resident Evil 6 and bodies disappear the second you kill them...

There's nothing lamer than killing 20 zombies only to look around and realize that you're in an empty room...

=/

How do you feel about disappearing bodies? Do you hate them as much as I do?
The Walking Dead = Game of the Year

User Info: Sophistication

Sophistication
4 years ago#2
You mean like Gow? Haha... low bar. I hate in uncharted 2 and 3 how the enemies never react to your bullets. They just keep coming. Hell, even a swat at the wound would suffice. But nope... not in uncharted 2 ans 3. They did on Part 1 though. Why is that? Pathetic.
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded Sophistocrats.

User Info: jsb0714

jsb0714
4 years ago#3
I find it to not be a big deal at all.
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this

User Info: RollingCradle

RollingCradle
4 years ago#4
Yes, I agree 100% TC.

GOW series is especially horrible at this.

User Info: Large_Tonberry

Large_Tonberry
4 years ago#5
You should play Hotline Miami.

User Info: servb0ts

servb0ts
4 years ago#6
I for one like disappearing bodies, because if they stay there game act glitchy and sometimes freezes or lags.
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
4 years ago#7
no,I don't care if bodies disappear because,they are dead already so if a cleanup crew wants to sneak in and take them away it's fine with me.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
4 years ago#8
Sophistication posted...
You mean like Gow? Haha... low bar. I hate in uncharted 2 and 3 how the enemies never react to your bullets. They just keep coming. Hell, even a swat at the wound would suffice. But nope... not in uncharted 2 ans 3. They did on Part 1 though. Why is that? Pathetic.

Binary Domain they react to the bullets. They'll keep coming after you too even if they're legs are blown off. I believe also Max Payne 3 the enemy reacts differently to where you shoot them and with what ammo.
Also the Last of Us will have enemy A.I. reacting differently so I guess Naughty Dog learned a few things...
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#9
Dead Space 2.

How the hell am I supposed to loot the bodies when they're disappearing before I'm done killing everything!?
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth

User Info: true_gamer80

true_gamer80
4 years ago#10
nothing ruins immersion more then holding a controller...I mean Im not there, it just feels like Im holding a controller making whatever move on screen...that not immersion...this gen sucks!
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Nothing ruins immersion more than disappearing bodies

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived