This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think split screen in racing games will make a return in next gen?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do you think split screen in racing games will make a return in next gen?

User Info: Nikos_the_great

Nikos_the_great
4 years ago#1
Do you? - Results (38 votes)
Yeah, companies will have stronger consoles to work on, so their games will be able to handle split screen
31.58% (12 votes)
No, companies will keep focusing on making the game look prettier and other features, neglecting split screen.
68.42% (26 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I want to be optimistic on this, but somehow I feel like companies will continue focus on other stuff.

Please don't reply telling me that the next generation is already here, so it's current generation. I know, but what I meant in the title is ps4 and xbox 720. It just didn't fit.

User Info: lawjr3

lawjr3
4 years ago#2
What racing game isn't split screen?
GT5 still is (and I guess that's all that matters to me)...

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
4 years ago#3
no they wont... the social network is going to get bigger and bigger and people will focus on it even more than today
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: huyi

huyi
4 years ago#4
nope unfortunately, online features will overrule everything more than split screen which is a shame.
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
4 years ago#5
Split screen was always terrible, except for Tetris.
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)

Nikos_the_great
4 years ago#6
lawjr3 posted...
What racing game isn't split screen?
GT5 still is (and I guess that's all that matters to me)...

You can't play with your friend and ai in the same match though. This kinda ruins it for me.

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
4 years ago#7
Split screen had better return for gaming in general if Sony think I'm gonna buy a PS4 or whatever the hell they're gonna pump out next.

User Info: KnightRay_X

KnightRay_X
4 years ago#8
I know the last few Need for Speed games including the new Most Wanted have no split-screen

Nikos_the_great
4 years ago#9
KnightRay_X posted...
I know the last few Need for Speed games including the new Most Wanted have no split-screen

Yep, and that's sad. I'd be much more likely to buy these games if I could play them with my friend.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Do you think split screen in racing games will make a return in next gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived