This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 (70.2 mil) finally outsell 360 (70 mil) as of 09/30/2012

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 (70.2 mil) finally outsell 360 (70 mil) as of 09/30/2012

User Info: monkeypahng

monkeypahng
4 years ago#231
AceAndJunpei posted...
monkeypahng posted...
Mojoseph_47 posted...
Hmm, its interesting how much I don't care which system sells more....

Indeed. We should just focus on enjoying a game regardless of system.

That would require a modicum of maturity, and many on this board and others desperately struggle to find it in themselves.

The funny thing is that as a kid (well me anyway) I didn't really notice what console I was playing on since I was more interested in the game itself.
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang

User Info: Caanimal

Caanimal
4 years ago#232
The biggest problem I have with ANY numbers coming out from micro&soft or anyone else (since they get their numbers from micro&soft) is that they count units SHIPPED, that INCLUDES ALL UNITS, such as repaired and replaced units. Now take THAT into account when talking numbers... What I really like seeing is when you compare day 1 to date sales for both systems, if you look at THOSE numbers the PS3 sold MORE than the 360 w/in the first year... This whole discussion is rather amusing though.

User Info: TKdreamAge

TKdreamAge
4 years ago#233
his proof or evidence is two months old and dosnt include black friday sales so dont believe him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_wars
Do a barrel roll!!!!

User Info: Samp98518

Samp98518
4 years ago#234
Microsoft still won in the sim racing category by a long ways. Actually, PC won that with iRacing, but were talking about the 360 and PS3 here.
"My plan was perfect. But there was one thing I overlooked, one factor I failed to calculate.
He's a dumbass. And there's no accounting for dumbassness.

User Info: HENTAIDOJI

HENTAIDOJI
4 years ago#235
The biggest problem I have with ANY numbers coming out from micro&soft or anyone else (since they get their numbers from micro&soft) is that they count units SHIPPED, that INCLUDES ALL UNITS, such as repaired and replaced units

Any unit that comes back for repair to Microsoft and is replaces is a -1 unit, then a plus 1 unit. Hence a balance of ZERO.

What I really like seeing is when you compare day 1 to date sales for both systems, if you look at THOSE numbers the PS3 sold MORE than the 360 w/in the first year.

Xbox 360 sold 10.4 million units the first year despite a 6 month shortage.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/05/xbox-360-hits-10-4-million-announces-iptv/

PS3 sold 10.49 with a $200 price drop.

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26188296/sony-q3-earnings-release-0131-ps3-sells-10-million

I don't think that really screams progress coming off the success of the PS2. The 360 still hasn't dropped $200 in price yet.
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg

User Info: AdultNinja21

AdultNinja21
4 years ago#236
This was such a great read guys! Thank you fanboys, trolls, and idiots. You've made my trip to the toilet an enjoyable one. I would've brought my Wii U tablet with me but to be honest, I barely made it through the door. I was thinking I'd be bored but luckily you fanboys and trolls were there to save the day. Thank you.
XBL GT: ChopperCity84 PSN ID: ChopperCity22 Wii-U ID: ChopperCity84
"You can pay for school, but you can't buy class." - Jigga

User Info: apocalyptic_4

apocalyptic_4
4 years ago#237
only a fanboy would get joy from sales numbers.

and they call themselves "gamers" lol im glad i dont come here anymore pathetic.
PSN: Adrian396
XBL: Prime Legacy Nintendo ID: Apocalypse

User Info: Firsnachie

Firsnachie
4 years ago#238
Who the hell cares?
PSN - Fersnachi
=D =D =D =D =D =D

User Info: Bleach313

Bleach313
4 years ago#239
Umm everyone does know sells don't tell how good a system is right? This is the same for games too. Look at the Wii, it sold TONS more then these 2 so I guess Wii is better then both now. Right? Right!?

Sales don't matter in a system or game, it's quality that matters. If I see good reviews for a system and tons of good games for it then it's good. If you tell me that sells determine if a console is good now then from now on COD and Kinect Adventures are the best games ever made. They did sell the most after-all.

Anyways personally I wouldn't be able to tell which system is the best right now since all 3 had something to offer. PS3's exclusives and free online, 360's awesome online network and multiplayer, or Wii's fun 1st party games. It's hard to choose from a quality point of view.

User Info: mafiafun

mafiafun
4 years ago#240
Xbox was released without HD for 2 years. I don't think it can even be considered 7th generation. Maybe it could be 6.5. But not 7th.
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 (70.2 mil) finally outsell 360 (70 mil) as of 09/30/2012

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived