This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The fighting genre needs a a return of...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The fighting genre needs a a return of...

User Info: FiendingHard

FiendingHard
4 years ago#21
Alltra posted...
The fighting genre needs to be simplified.

Honestly I feel like Super Smash Bros Melee was the perfect way to do a fighting game. The game's move sets were so simple to use, and you didn't have all this BS convoluted counters, blocks, breaks, counters to counters/blocks/breaks, super moves, counter super moves, counter-counter super moves, ect....

..and despite it's simplicity, it still had a great deal of depth and balance, although it still wasn't perfect, but you can work on that.

Capcom fighters aren't exactly complicated either. quarter-circle and shoryuken motions are like second nature to anyone who's ever played a fighting game.
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Hell Yeah!, Final Fantasy 9, Diablo 3

User Info: ManOfChap

ManOfChap
4 years ago#22
servb0ts posted...
Bushido Blade
How the topic creator hasn't closed this topic yet is beyond me, but that user should consider it.

User Info: majin nemesis

majin nemesis
4 years ago#23
Evil Zone
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage

User Info: Katon

Katon
4 years ago#24
servb0ts posted...
Rival Schools & Bushido Blade need to return.

I definitely agree with this. I can probably live without Primal Rage.
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)

User Info: Chr0noid

Chr0noid
4 years ago#25
I second Bushido Blade and add in Bloody Roar
We are so dead...but at least I have a girlfriend! -Lion-O

User Info: Nth

Nth
4 years ago#26
ManOfChap posted...
servb0ts posted...
Bushido Blade

Definitely Bushido Blade. We really need a good weapons vs weapons fighter again. Anyone remember Weapon Lord? That had awesome blocking, parrying and even weapon collision. You could also sequence a combo right into a killing move like decapitation or disembowelment.
"Evil is a by-product of nature's strategies for creation and that is woven into our most basic biological fabric." - The Lucifer Principle

User Info: _V1

_V1
4 years ago#27
Clay fighters
Try harder next time,
Good day sir/s

User Info: Jonvandamm

Jonvandamm
4 years ago#28
Yie Ar Kung Fu with a versus mode
Karate Champ
A new Tobal
Samurai Shodown
Fatal Fury
World Heroes
"Target verified. Commencing hostilities."

User Info: Kage_AM2

Kage_AM2
4 years ago#29
The video game industry is too corporate. If it can't sell to a mass audience then it won't get made. A prehistoric dinosaur won't sell to anyone so it won't get made.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The fighting genre needs a a return of...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived