This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Playstation Plus worth it if...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is Playstation Plus worth it if...

User Info: Sony_Fanatic

Sony_Fanatic
4 years ago#1
...I don't purchase games often. Will the subscription still be worth it in the long run if I'm just relying on the Instant Game Collection and free avatars, themes etc?
PSN PHOENIX_4pp
Platinum Trophies Modern Warfare 3.. ugh.

User Info: NinjaGamer_23

NinjaGamer_23
4 years ago#2
Yes it will.
I been a subscriber for 6 months, haven't let me down. Plus alot of the games have long single player campaigns.

User Info: Jahkeemyork

Jahkeemyork
4 years ago#3
Get the EU PS+ if you can,you can get cards from http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

Their deals are way better and right now especially tomorrow you'll be able to get Vanquish and Batman Arkham City for free.

Sony_Fanatic
4 years ago#4
Thanks bud. Got a free trial from Playstation and I've been using it for the last 3 days. Downloaded two games (Motorstorm: Apocalypse and Scott Pilgrim) and there is still Crysis 2 and inFamous to download.
PSN PHOENIX_4pp

Sony_Fanatic
4 years ago#5
Jahkeemyork posted...
Get the EU PS+ if you can,you can get cards from http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

Their deals are way better and right now especially tomorrow you'll be able to get Vanquish and Batman Arkham City for free.

Yeah, I have the NZ version but I heard that the EU version was the best with the US version being terribad.
PSN PHOENIX_4pp

User Info: temgun

temgun
4 years ago#6
If you don't buy games often and PS3 is your platform of choice, then it's definitely worth it. At least for me it's kinda useless since I always own everything they put out.
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG

Sony_Fanatic
4 years ago#7
temgun posted...
If you don't buy games often and PS3 is your platform of choice, then it's definitely worth it. At least for me it's kinda useless since I always own everything they put out.

PS3 is the only console I play but I have a very small library of games. It'll get larger once I get a job but for the time being, $25NZD every 3 months seems pretty good. I also play videogames very regularly with an average of 3 hours a day (including days when I don't play) to long sessions when I play 10+ hours. Thanks for your guys help, it definitely sounds like I'll get my moneys worth.
PSN PHOENIX_4pp

User Info: MagicManGreg

MagicManGreg
4 years ago#8
Oooh, Vanquish on Wednesday?

Not too interested in Arkham City, played the first one and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I'm just not interested in this one.

User Info: Jahkeemyork

Jahkeemyork
4 years ago#9
MagicManGreg posted...
Oooh, Vanquish on Wednesday?

Not too interested in Arkham City, played the first one and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I'm just not interested in this one.

I say give it a shot if you have PS+ since it'll be free anyways, it's a pretty excellent game, it is more free roamy then Arkham Asylum however that's only the overworld. When you enter a building for those story missions you'll feel the Asylum vibe again.

The sidequests are also amazingly deep, (outside the AR Training anyways) they treat them like they're story important.

User Info: CapnStanky

CapnStanky
4 years ago#10
It's a lame ripoff. You'll get more value out of renting games from Redbox.
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is Playstation Plus worth it if...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived