This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Going to go pick up Far Cry 3 in about an hour. Hows the game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Going to go pick up Far Cry 3 in about an hour. Hows the game?

User Info: Slayer

Slayer
4 years ago#1
Hows the game?
Currently Playing: Black ops II, Hitman: Absolution
Waiting for: Far Cry 3 - Current Console: Playstation 3

User Info: Dave4202

Dave4202
4 years ago#2
I was just as blown away by Far Cry 3 within the first hour as I was within the first hour of Far Cry 2. So ya, it's pretty great.
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=KingGuy420&platform=ps3

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
4 years ago#3
I would really like to give them my money but they don't seem to want to update the store.

>.<
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

User Info: nclrwntr

nclrwntr
4 years ago#4
How's the framerate? I read it's around 24fps on PS3.

User Info: DocDelicious

DocDelicious
4 years ago#5
Gameplay is amazing.
Storyline is incredibly solid, which is rare for an open-world game (especially one so huge).
The island has a "slice of life" feel to it instead of characters/animals looking like they're just going through pre-set animations. For example; I was hunting deer near one of the first outposts you come across, tagged a couple with my camera and began to follow one that was wandering away from the group (so I could take it down quietly with the bow). The deer ended up walking to a small pond, took a drink and then continued along the edge of the water. I watched it walk around the upper corner of the pond and all of a sudden a f****** crocodile leaps out of the water, drags the deer under and puts it in a death roll. Just a completely random event because the deer happened to wander too close to the croc. Stuff like that happens all the time.
Human enemies act very naturally although their sight-lines are a bit wonky at times (meaning they don't see what they should not the other way around).

Yah, so far it's a great game.

No FPS problems or screen tearing that I've noticed. Few jaggies when looking at detailed objects from a distance but that's about it.
Playing - Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Vanquish, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Monster Hunter FU, Shadows of the Damned, Valkyria Chronicles
PSN: DocDelicious
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Going to go pick up Far Cry 3 in about an hour. Hows the game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived