This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy 9: still awesome

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Final Fantasy 9: still awesome

User Info: mrhappyguy12345

mrhappyguy12345
4 years ago#1
It's been what, 10 years since it came out(and since I played it) and honestly, it plays better than most rpgs that have come out this gen. I feel like its the unloved stepchild of the series, and needs some more love. Everyone, go grab ff9. It's like $9.99 on the ps store and has some of the most memorable character stories in any rpg.
<3
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?

User Info: art_of_the_kill

art_of_the_kill
4 years ago#2
I support this topic.
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
4 years ago#3
I liked Legend of Legaia better. It is also on the PS store.
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)

User Info: carsauce

carsauce
4 years ago#4
Still a great game, but FFVIII will always be my fav.
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous

mrhappyguy12345
4 years ago#5
Vivis story alone makes it worth playing.

User Info: Pox

Pox
4 years ago#6
Well Vivi is one of my favorite characters of all time... but it's a shame that FF has fallen so far. And before I'm told to stop being a hater, I'll have you know that I'm a very open person and I like most games. I thought Enchanted Arms was 10x better than 13 and that's saying something...
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*

User Info: archizzy

archizzy
4 years ago#7
All FF titles are debated even among fans but I find 9 to be the most extreme as far as it either ends up being peoples favorite or they don't like it at all.

I personally didn't like 8 or 9 at all. I put them at the bottom of my list. But my two favorite games are at the bottom of many other lists.
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton

User Info: HarryMerryLarry

HarryMerryLarry
4 years ago#8
I will forever wait for another final fantasy in this time period/setting. I am sick of all of the futuristic settings of late.

FF9 is my personal favorite. Narrowly beating FF tactics.
It's Tuesday! Did you bring a coat!?!
PSN: HarryMerryLarry XBL: Eron BAMF

mrhappyguy12345
4 years ago#9
archizzy posted...
All FF titles are debated even among fans but I find 9 to be the most extreme as far as it either ends up being peoples favorite or they don't like it at all.

I personally didn't like 8 or 9 at all. I put them at the bottom of my list. But my two favorite games are at the bottom of many other lists.

My top 3 in order

My least favorite

10-2(charlies Angels Wtf??)

mrhappyguy12345
4 years ago#10
HarryMerryLarry posted...
I will forever wait for another final fantasy in this time period/setting. I am sick of all of the futuristic settings of late.

FF9 is my personal favorite. Narrowly beating FF tactics.

Yea the setting is key for me. I love the medieval setting in 9, and the perfect soundtrack as well. ff7 setting was a bit of a turn of for me.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Final Fantasy 9: still awesome

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived