This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The reason you hate on final fantasy is....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The reason you hate on final fantasy is....

User Info: FiendingHard

FiendingHard
5 years ago#11
I love FF1-10. Don't care much for 11 and onwards.
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: NFS Most Wanted, The Walking Dead, ZoE HD Collection, Final Fantasy 9.

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
5 years ago#12
zUkUu posted...
Because it has gone in the wrong direction after 10. and no, poll vote number one doesn't reflect that as that is something we could change, but just lowering the expectations (and after 12 I didn't had much for 13) doesn't cut it if the game is still not an at least somewhat worthy FF.

I still don't hate it, tho. it's just nothing special anymore.

i forgot to add a poll option for burnt out players who played so much of the series they dont care anymore. that isnt really a reason to hate a game or series. to play it so much its boring to you, then say it sucks because you cant hold interest. i see MMORPG players do this all of the time.

User Info: confettistorm

confettistorm
5 years ago#13
Beacuse the FFXIII battle system plays itself?

SE games have improved in leaps in bounds in the visuals and as compensation, have dropped dramatically in terms of appealing gameplay.

FFXIII was basically an anime movie with some interaction in it.

User Info: zUkUu

zUkUu
5 years ago#14
Retroxgamer0 posted...
zUkUu posted...
Because it has gone in the wrong direction after 10. and no, poll vote number one doesn't reflect that as that is something we could change, but just lowering the expectations (and after 12 I didn't had much for 13) doesn't cut it if the game is still not an at least somewhat worthy FF.

I still don't hate it, tho. it's just nothing special anymore.

i forgot to add a poll option for burnt out players who played so much of the series they dont care anymore. that isnt really a reason to hate a game or series. to play it so much its boring to you, then say it sucks because you cant hold interest. i see MMORPG players do this all of the time.

nah, that's not what I mean. till 10 = classical RPG. now square went in the wrong direction. 11 = mmo, 12 = single player mmo, 13 = action-tunnel-cinema-bombast. 13-2 = a mess of a story, game was purely made for quick bucks and as DLC grabber
they simple jump the bandwagon. instead of doing their thing and leading the market like they have been, they now chase the mainstream audience. MMOs popular? let's do that! Action-CoD-Bombast popular? let's do that!
they want money and nothing else. they lost their passion.

User Info: TheWarHorse

TheWarHorse
5 years ago#15
Because they're just boring and silly. I used to force myself to play those dumb games everytime a new one would come out because I always wanted to understand what the hell everybody was loving about them. Ultimately I came to a point where I finally just decided no more. Those games were overrated as hell and goofy back then and they still are now.
Intel Pentium II 266MHz - 32MB RAM (SIMMs) - 4GB HDD - ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM. - CD-ROM - 56k modem - AOL Dial-Up - Windows ME

User Info: servb0ts

servb0ts
5 years ago#16
I voted for "I don't hate on final fantasy, i still love it."

I'm only dislike how SE, puts good game and common sense on hold, and milk unworthy Final Fantasy games.
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner

User Info: megaultrarice34

megaultrarice34
5 years ago#17
I must be one of the very few that actually loved FFXII. Loved how super-polished the MMO style combat was and those marks man...
PSN: OceanSupermarket

User Info: arstos

arstos
5 years ago#18
TomoEK9 posted...
Ever since they became Square Enix the FF games have been taking a steady dive.

this. i remember how excited i was about the merger when it happened, the top 2 rpg companies becoming 1, i thought we'd get bigger, better, more open final fantasy's that would take months to fully explore. instead we've been getting hallway sims and mmo's. damn i was naive
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, CS:GO, UTIII

User Info: DragoonGriffith

DragoonGriffith
5 years ago#19
arstos posted...
i thought we'd get bigger, better, more open final fantasy's that would take months to fully explore. instead we've been getting hallway sims and mmo's. damn i was naive

FFXII was right up your alley then.
Curently playing: TotA, WA3, Terranigma

User Info: Sophistication

Sophistication
5 years ago#20
The reason I hate Final Fantasy is because it reminds me of my very 1st love... We were 16 -- She moved into my house with me upon my parents approval and all we did was play that game. We'd play it non stop, day and night. I'd fall asleep and wake up to the music when you were riding the Chocobo's... It was love, it was heaven, it was everything you thought life was about right there for the taking... And then... one day... she went outside to get the mail and was mauled by my neighbors unusually large pit bill.

She died... I've never gotten over that.
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats with successful, savvy topics & post.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. The reason you hate on final fantasy is....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived