This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could the PS4 be Sony's last console?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Could the PS4 be Sony's last console?

User Info: VGAddict90

VGAddict90
4 years ago#1
I mean, let's face it, they're bleeding money right now, and they're probably going to bet everything on this console. The PS4 will need to have a PERFECT launch to give Sony even a SLIGHT chance of avoiding bankruptcy.

User Info: Porunga

Porunga
4 years ago#2
While it is possible, Sony's games division isn't what is in trouble. We will see Sony go through a restructuring and they will lose some of their divisions that are the problem soon. So, while possible for PS4 to be the last, I think it is unlikely.

User Info: Mister_Vanilla

Mister_Vanilla
4 years ago#3
It could be anything.

On a related note of money loss...

How much did MS lose on Windows 8 and Surface Tablets? From what I have seen, they would not be considered successful.

<shrug>

User Info: Universquall

Universquall
4 years ago#4
It's possible for any of the big three to have their last consoles next gen. Sony weren't even meant to exist beyond 2006 on this board.
NP: (PS2) Suikoden III (PS3) Mass Effect Trilogy (Vita) PSABR (PC) Gothic (Wii U) Xenoblade (360) Nothing lately

User Info: NuclearChipmunk

NuclearChipmunk
4 years ago#5
Guess why they have made an agreement with Olympus.

Not for the digital cameras, but for the medical devices.

Japan is ageing, and Sony has found a profitable market with a strong potential.

User Info: Danzig2057

Danzig2057
4 years ago#6
Sony's problem is that they have a large, confusing product (e.g., they have something like 3 different TV product lines) line for their other devices. What we are going to see is Sony streamlining their other products which I think will give them a better market position. The PS4 will have to perform well to keep the game division up and running, but not the company as a whole.
PSN: Samhain2057
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Could the PS4 be Sony's last console?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived