This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did you buy a Playstation 3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why did you buy a Playstation 3?

User Info: pakathecat

pakathecat
4 years ago#11
The NFL Sunday Ticket app, actually. We can't have a dish where we live, and since moving away from FL had been watching the Bucs games mostly at Buffalo Wild Wings, which was inconvenient, noisy, and expensive. There is a ton of complaining on the official PS3 boards about the quality of the feeds, but we haven't had many issues.

Anyways, since I already had a 360 and Wii, I didn't think at first I'd be using it much for gaming, but now it gets as much time as my 360 and way more than the Wii. I'm glad I went with the 320 gb since I'm buying tons of stuff off PSN now.

ETA: Actually, the original choice between the 360 and PS3 I made in '09 was very close, could have gone either way. I was a big PS2 fan.

User Info: Mattywright77

Mattywright77
4 years ago#12
Other. I like owning multiple systems, and ive played enough halo and gears to last a lifetime.

User Info: SDFan18

SDFan18
4 years ago#13
Exclusives, once Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 rolled out.
"Together We Stand, Divided We Fall."
XBL GT/PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86

User Info: Chocobo115

Chocobo115
4 years ago#14
All but the blu-ray option.
Oh and I also figured japanese developers were more likely to release games on the PS3 over 360.
Well that didn't turn out so well...

User Info: NepentheNeo

NepentheNeo
4 years ago#15
In addition to other reasons that have been mentioned, I just want to add that the PS3 controller is brilliant when you don't have Barrett-sized hands. >.>

User Info: rofflchopper

rofflchopper
4 years ago#16
Exclusives. But since I've had it I've also started buying all of my movies on Blu Ray.

I play multiplats on the 360 and use it for online, but I like having the PS3 for the exclusives. Sometimes it doesn't get played for a while, but it's usually worth it when an exclusive comes out.
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.

User Info: fire2box

fire2box
4 years ago#17
exclusives and I already had th other 2 parts of the gaming triangle PC and Wii.

Clearly the PS3 and Wii are the base, and PC sits on top of them.
Roswill Challenger case | ASRock B75 PRO3 | Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB G Skill ripsaw DDR3 @ 1600 | single XFX 7870 GHz edition | OCZ 600W modular PSU

User Info: gnomefromnome

gnomefromnome
4 years ago#18
Uh....so I can play PS3 games?
Oh my God... That was the dumbest collection of dumbosity I've ever seen! - Famine
http://img303.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gnome3iu.jpg

User Info: Irony

Irony
4 years ago#19
Because Jesus would
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg

User Info: SocialNeku

SocialNeku
4 years ago#20
free wi-fi, the tales of series, like more the ps controller
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why did you buy a Playstation 3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived