This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DO U THINK there's any connection betwene Mass Shooting today & Video games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. DO U THINK there's any connection betwene Mass Shooting today & Video games?

User Info: wh0_kn0ws

wh0_kn0ws
5 years ago#451
Evel138 posted...
killak posted...
Intolerant atheists are every bit as bad as religious fundamentalists.

Couldn't agree more.

People like Greer, actually preach their gospel far more than the religions they're attacking. I can honesly tell you i've never heard of a christian saying "if somebody didn't say they would pray for my dying son, i'd punch their teeth out"

The irony in their hypocrisy might almost be funny if it were not to the lengths some carry it out....such as defacing century old public buildings because they mention "God" etc.

The atheist movement has become am cult or religion in and of itself..... prosthelytizing their beliefs (many a wordsmith among their ranks will try to explain away that paradox). Trying to "shove it down others throats", I believe it was put itt.

it's not a new affliction either. just a different conceit of superiority complex. i feel sorry for everyone involved. see, now i'm doing it too.
it's simple. just be nice.

User Info: killak

killak
5 years ago#452
The irony in their hypocrisy might almost be funny if it were not to the lengths some carry it out....such as defacing century old public buildings because they mention "God" etc.

The atheist movement has become am cult or religion in and of itself..... prosthelytizing their beliefs (many a wordsmith among their ranks will try to explain away that paradox). Trying to "shove it down others throats", I believe it was put itt.

Exactly.

In any belief system, one should have an open mind to the beliefs of others. Hell, the other day I was discussing religion with Christians and Hindus, and I was quite stunned when one of them said "did you meet your great grandmother?" to which I said no, and she then followed up with "then how do you know she was real?"

Aside from that glitch of intolerance, we had a great discussion and they respected my choice to not believe (based on my own choices) yet we could still all engage and share the particulars of our beliefs. it was a really good conversation, and I love discussing it with Hindus as their stories are really interesting.
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo

User Info: wstfld

wstfld
5 years ago#453

Couldn't agree more.

People like Greer, actually preach their gospel far more than the religions they're attacking. I can honesly tell you i've never heard of a christian saying "if somebody didn't say they would pray for my dying son, i'd punch their teeth out"

Commuting to NYC for several years I had a daily dose of Presbyterians, End of The World Christians, Hispanic Pentecostals, Jews for Jesus, and random people asking me to pray with them. I have yet to see an atheist solicit me.

I've never heard a Christian say that, but I have heard them say a vast multitude of people are going to experience an eternity of unimaginable pain and horror much worse than getting their teeth punched in.
Last Played: Assassin's Creed 3 (8/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Assassin's Creed 3, FIFA 13

User Info: wvnative03

wvnative03
5 years ago#454
No and here is why:

I play Battlefield 3, GTA, and a number of violent games, If someone needed shot or otherwise harmed, I am prone to violence and would gladly give someone a can of whoop ass

But key term, if they NEEDED it, if I personally believe violence can solve issues and I play violent games, and I would never do anything like this, I think that proves video games have nothing to do with it.

The answer is so easy its not even funny: People are messed up in the head, nothing more nothing less. Regardless of games, movies, or good/bad parenting, some people are simply evil because they are evil, no explanation is needed...
RIP 60gb PS3, December 25th, 2006-July 12th, 2012

User Info: killak

killak
5 years ago#455
Commuting to NYC for several years I had a daily dose of Presbyterians, End of The World Christians, Hispanic Pentecostals, Jews for Jesus, and random people asking me to pray with them. I have yet to see an atheist solicit me.

Would would an atheist say? "welcome brother, come join us in not believing in anything" It makes no sense, so of course there are more fundamentalists in other beliefs.
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........

User Info: cavebear56

cavebear56
5 years ago#456
Yes.

As much as a connection exists between eating broccoli and mass shootings.

No matter the object, it comes down to the person making the decision to do any act.

They reason and use logic (that might not be what most of us consider as such but they use how they reason) when deciding on what action to take.

Having spent many years reading a multitude of different books that would turn heads, playing video games with large amounts of violence and gore, watching gore hound movies, using firearms/weapons from small arms up to TOW missiles and mortars (and everything in between) I have never once felt the need to go into a school or public place and open fire in any country I've visited.

I have enough common sense, education and natural intelligence to insult the ideal concepts of what it means to be a human being.

wstfld posted...

I've never heard a Christian say that, but I have heard them say a vast multitude of people are going to experience an eternity of unimaginable pain and horror much worse than getting their teeth punched in.

That doesn't make those kinds of atheists any less intolerant and ignorant than the fundamentalist you just described.

Not all, but most, atheists are just as blind, uneducated and intolerant when it comes to the topic of discussion and the material being discussed.

This is coming from an agnostic though as atheism is just as illogical as a fundamentalist standpoint.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.

User Info: clevermoniker

clevermoniker
5 years ago#457
Fifty years ago, you could buy or order a handgun/rifle/"assault weapon" practically anywhere, and not have to submit to a background check and there were no waiting periods, and people did not go around shooting up malls and elementary schools.

So what happened?

Guns are NOT the problem.

User Info: wh0_kn0ws

wh0_kn0ws
5 years ago#458
clevermoniker posted...
Fifty years ago, you could buy or order a handgun/rifle/"assault weapon" practically anywhere, and not have to submit to a background check and there were no waiting periods, and people did not go around shooting up malls and elementary schools.

So what happened?

it's simple. just be nice.

User Info: Evel138

Evel138
5 years ago#459
wstfld posted...

Couldn't agree more.

That's because they're too busy trying to make sure they tear down every spiritual institution they can.....I find your anecdote about "atheist solicitation" disingenuous at best as I would bet there isn't a major city in this country that doesn't have billboards featuring atheist messages, not to mention various social groups promoting those messages.

As far as people asking you to "pray" with them.....OMG HOW DARE THEY GENUINELY CARE.....

In the words of Mickey Goldmill (from Rocky II).....“ill pray wit ya.....whatz it gunna hoayt (hurt)?
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0

User Info: chiefofsb78

chiefofsb78
5 years ago#460
clevermoniker posted...

So what happened?

Of course not guns dont kill people people kill people WITH GUNS
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. DO U THINK there's any connection betwene Mass Shooting today & Video games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived