This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone determined what causes 3 beep reboot when quitting a game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Has anyone determined what causes 3 beep reboot when quitting a game?

User Info: M DAMAGE

M DAMAGE
4 years ago#1
Just had it happen to me for the 1st time after quitting just cause 2 at the main menu.

I googled it some, but didnt turn up anything definitive. I have the digital copy of JC 2 so I hope it doesnt get corrupted or something.

User Info: Crimson Skys

Crimson Skys
4 years ago#2
That happens when your toast is ready.
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)

User Info: Pereb27

Pereb27
4 years ago#3
It means the system crashed, most likely due to the game having a bug that triggers when you exit the game.

User Info: M DAMAGE

M DAMAGE
4 years ago#4
Bump in case anyone else wants to offer some info.

User Info: Nth

Nth
4 years ago#5
It's basically your PS3 doing a forced shutdown of a program that isn't completing a function.
Like on your PC when something screws up and you have to open the task manager and force quit the program.
Gamefaqs: reminding adults why children should be seen and not heard; and preferably not seen either.

User Info: Asuir

Asuir
4 years ago#6
Nth posted...
It's basically your PS3 doing a forced shutdown of a program that isn't completing a function.
Like on your PC when something screws up and you have to open the task manager and force quit the program.
Ftw!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Has anyone determined what causes 3 beep reboot when quitting a game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived