This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why dont more gamers rent?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. why dont more gamers rent?

User Info: killak

killak
4 years ago#21
Because we could afford to buy our home.
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo

User Info: whatnow12012

whatnow12012
4 years ago#22
Why do I rent games, easy I dont wanna get jipped off 65 bucks or more on a new game that dosent live up to the hype.

I dont wanna get ripped off on a game that dosent take me more than 1 day to beat yet it is a 65 + dollar game.

I rent cause it is smart, saves, money and tells me which games are worth a damn & which games need to be ignored altogether.

I buy used games cause I dont always have 65 + dollars to spend on a new game but I do buy new games just certain ones such as Bioshock, MGS, and Ni I will be buying this year along with Tales of Xillia.

People arent all rich megamillionaires, some live on tight fixed budgets and have every day life to live & bills and a Family to take care of & feed. So they cant always buy the high dollar games.

So I say do like I do buy some but not all new games then the rest go elcheapo or rent from GameFly if you live on a tight fixed Budget.

But I do buy new, I do buy elcheapo used, and I also rent my games from GameFly so I do all 3 deals.

One thing I dont do is DLC games cause I dont have an internet for it almost 65% of Americans live in a dead-zone such as myself.

So I can only do striaght physical disk, or go to my Uncles and do my DLC Add-Ons for a game such as Mass Effect.

But MP or Indie Games are out of it for me.

User Info: Chaingunmaster

Chaingunmaster
4 years ago#23
I do rent, but only the stuff I'd never actually buy. Lol at all the people thinking it's only for the poor, great logic there guys.
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
4 years ago#24
awesomesauce13 posted...
I'm not entirely sure what your point is here, I think it got lost somewhere in the terrible English... but anyway, the reason I rarely rent games is because I don't want to just have a few days to play them. Some games are fine for that but most I want to play for longer and take my time with

This

In the 90's I rented when I was playing SNES/Genesis because most of those games could be completed easily within the rental time allotted.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: SteadyingMeat

SteadyingMeat
4 years ago#25
'Cause the only place I can rent games around where I live anymore only lets you keep them for like 2 days which is garbage. Plus I like owning them.
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "

User Info: Mutant1988

Mutant1988
4 years ago#26
I believe in supporting the industry that provides me with so much entertainment.

So I purchase games, new. I own what I purchase and the industry keeps on existing.
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.

User Info: zooknut

zooknut
4 years ago#27
Mutant1988 posted...
I believe in supporting the industry that provides me with so much entertainment.

So I purchase games, new. I own what I purchase and the industry keeps on existing.

I truly don't believe that the gaming industry is suffering any loss of profits but I think more about my bank account than the industry anyway

User Info: Evil_Gogeta

Evil_Gogeta
4 years ago#28
Can`t rent games (recently you can only rent Dragon Quest X but its expensive) as its pretty much been made illegal here.
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.

User Info: LinkinLawg

LinkinLawg
4 years ago#29
Devilman_Amon posted...
awesomesauce13 posted...
I'm not entirely sure what your point is here, I think it got lost somewhere in the terrible English... but anyway, the reason I rarely rent games is because I don't want to just have a few days to play them. Some games are fine for that but most I want to play for longer and take my time with

This

In the 90's I rented when I was playing SNES/Genesis because most of those games could be completed easily within the rental time allotted.

Thats still the case today, I've even beat a few PS3 games in a sitting.
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it

User Info: XFactor1

XFactor1
4 years ago#30
Do your research and look at metacritic.com averages before buying. The critical average for a video game is 73 (mediocre).

I like to own games I like rather than rent.
The only games I sold because I did not like them were Skyrim and Gran Turismo 5.

I have traded or sold some games I did not plan to play again.
--
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. why dont more gamers rent?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived