This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever been made fun of for playing a game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Have you ever been made fun of for playing a game?

User Info: Scarecrow1711

Scarecrow1711
4 years ago#1
For me, I've been made fun of for playing these games and these are the reasons they are disliked among people I talk to.

Lego Batman 2 is a game that highschoolers should not be playing(It's kiddish?)
Batman Arkham City is a terrible game compared to MW2(which has God status amomg my peers)
Mass Effect 3 is weird for its alien sex(Even though it's optional and I've said this numerous times)
I was also made fun of for playing League of Legends because of the game's name(Seriously? Who the **** makes fun of someone because of the name of a game they play?)

Has this happend to anyone else? It's really fustrating.
Hobonet - Internet for the homeless. Now available under a bridge near you!

User Info: Twolvesrule88

Twolvesrule88
4 years ago#2
Back in my day, it eventually became not cool to play Pokemon.
Eon8 survivor 7/1/06
PSN: yavigril

User Info: jammies

jammies
4 years ago#3
No.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
4 years ago#4
*scratches head*

I don't think so...but I've made fun of lots of people for playing COD.
Why? Because **** you is why.

User Info: xhelplessx

xhelplessx
4 years ago#5
I get made fun of all the time I love cute adventure games while my buddies are playing CoD.

User Info: Elswood2112

Elswood2112
4 years ago#6
Not really, but playing games isn't something I regularly divulged with random individuals... most of my friends didn't care as far as I can remember.

Though, last year when SSX came out a friend made fun of me for being excited about it.
PSN: Elswood2112
Steam/Origin: shirahadori

User Info: bigbrandon1986

bigbrandon1986
4 years ago#7
I remember renting animal crossing for the gamecube when I was younger. I caught hell for that. Only rented because of the praise I saw for it online. Hated the game and took it back. To this day I still don't understand animal crossing and my friends still bring it up that I wasted money renting it.

Oh and britneys dance beat but that's a long story
imurhero

User Info: killak

killak
4 years ago#8
ROFL.
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
4 years ago#9
Got picked on by a Madden fanatic back in 8th grade for playing Donkey Kong Country... I showed him the game, and he shut his f****** mouth.
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
4 years ago#10
My sister (34, I'm 30) was over visiting with her kids and she gave me a bit of ridicule for playing Rune Factory Frontier. She's the kind of ***** who'll use any reason to place others beneath her at any opportunity. Of course, I was playing a mild game because she's crazy about not exposing her kids to media with any degree of violence in it. If I thought about it then, I should have gracefully apologized for my childish choice in games, thanked her for showing me the error of my ways, and plugged in No More Heroes.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Have you ever been made fun of for playing a game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived