This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: What's the Greatest RPG this Generation?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. POLL: What's the Greatest RPG this Generation?

User Info: takethathusker

takethathusker
4 years ago#91
I wouldn't say it's the best, but the one that I had the most fun with was The Last Story. That said, I haven't played Dark Souls.

User Info: hairyassapeman

hairyassapeman
4 years ago#92
The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition on either PC or Xbox 360.

Great story, dialogue, characters, art, but maybe a bit clunky and confusing gameplay.

If you play RPGS mostly for story, characters etc, I'd say The Witcher 2 is easily the best one I've played this generation.
HairyAssApeman
Come at me.

User Info: lebronwadebosh

lebronwadebosh
4 years ago#93
funny how Borderlands 2 usually wins in a battle of "what is the best GoTY" even against Xenoblade Chronicles.. but is getting dominated in this poll ..xD
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxD9YoEh6ctwuo39uDIyZHw?feature=mhee INTEL HD 3000 GAMING

User Info: Sephir0th56

Sephir0th56
4 years ago#94
Although I thoroughly enjoyed Xenoblade and do agree it's an absolutely fantastic game, I have to say I may have actually enjoyed The Last Story more. I just wish it had the depth that Xenoblade did as far as character development and side plots go.
Now Playing: Final Fantasy Dimensions, Ragnarok Tactics, Rainbow Moon, Eternal Sonata, Trails in the Sky

User Info: little_spedve

little_spedve
4 years ago#95
Other. (Elder Scrolls Oblivion)
| Asus G74SX-HBK7 | Windows 8 | Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon |

User Info: LtCardboard

LtCardboard
4 years ago#96
TWEWY blew my goddamn mind like no other game.
Vanquish review:
http://critical-mission.blogspot.com/2011/08/vanquish-review.html

User Info: roadtosalvation

roadtosalvation
4 years ago#97
I haven't played any current gen role-playing games so I can't really answer... I'm still kind of burned out on the genre from the PS1/PS2 days outside of playing a personal classic like the original Wild Arms.

However, dumb as it sounds, I do have Star Ocean -The Last Hope-, Xenoblade and The Last Story on hand... maybe I'll play them someday... if not I'll just sell them off later as I haven't opened them.

I got the last two because I thought they my become hard to find down the line. I don't think they produced those in truly large numbers. They've been holding their value pretty well so far...

User Info: HeyItsZant

HeyItsZant
4 years ago#98
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYkmn347wsY
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

User Info: pariah23

pariah23
4 years ago#99
Virtue777 posted...
pariah23 posted...
What a fail list on the actual poll...

JRPG - Resonance of Fate
WRPG - Fallout New Vegas
ARPG - Demon's Souls

Most overrated JRPG of all time - Xenoblade

I don't think you've played Xenoblade, or if you have, you got stuck in the first town.

Played, yes. Finished, no. After about 30 hours I couldn't take anymore of its mediocrity, when I had far better games in my backlog to get to. No way I'll ever go back to it either; I'd rather play through FF XII IZJS for the third time than slog through a vastly inferior imitation.

User Info: Lord_Draco170

Lord_Draco170
4 years ago#100
Radiant Historia
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. POLL: What's the Greatest RPG this Generation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived