This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just started Final Fantasy 13... Where the F*** is the EXP and leveling up???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Just started Final Fantasy 13... Where the F*** is the EXP and leveling up???

User Info: HellsingOrg

HellsingOrg
4 years ago#1
So far liking everything.
but where is the exp and how to level up characters?
I noticed something was strange after a few battles and nothing happened.
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
4 years ago#2
you have to wait a bit, this game is kindve long winded, its a 100 hour game (if you do everything) so once you get to a certain point they will allow you to add your experience towards leveling up. it will start out a bit linear. as time goes on however, you will be able to put experience into the different roles. grinding right now or as soon as you get it is kindve a waste of time id hold off until chapter 4 at the earliest if you want to do that.

User Info: Kenaue

Kenaue
4 years ago#3
Chrystarium is how you level up your characters. Basically the Sphere Grid.
HOCKEY'S BACK! GO PREDS! WELCOME BACK TO SMASHVILLE!

User Info: ZombieAkane

ZombieAkane
4 years ago#4
They removed leveling and xp for more corridors and hallways.
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
4 years ago#5
Play a bit longer.

User Info: cloud2556

cloud2556
4 years ago#6
Kenaue posted...

This

It's basically a more visual appealing sphere grid
"Only fools believe in deterrence."

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
4 years ago#7
The first two chapters don't really have any gameplay (stupid design choice). Just wait until Chapter 3 and the gameplay will actually start. You level-up in this game using the Crystarium, a streamlined version of the Sphere Grid in Final Fantasy X.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

kupo1705
4 years ago#8
cloud2556 posted...
Kenaue posted...

This

It's basically a more visual appealing sphere grid

With no freedom.

User Info: userfrigginame

userfrigginame
4 years ago#9
Hasn't Final Fantasy been doing this since X? The sphere grid for X, that checkerboard thing for XII, and now the Crystarium for XIII. I might be wrong, but disregarding the MMOs which I haven't played, there hasn't been an actually leveling up system since IX, and that was on the PS1. But anyway ya, Crystarium pts.= EXP.

kupo1705
4 years ago#10
userfrigginame posted...
Hasn't Final Fantasy been doing this since X? The sphere grid for X, that checkerboard thing for XII, and now the Crystarium for XIII. I might be wrong, but disregarding the MMOs which I haven't played, there hasn't been an actually leveling up system since IX, and that was on the PS1. But anyway ya, Crystarium pts.= EXP.

While X didn't show levels, you did level up.
XII has regular levels.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Just started Final Fantasy 13... Where the F*** is the EXP and leveling up???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived