This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yay! My CECHA Playstation 3 is finally here! =)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Yay! My CECHA Playstation 3 is finally here! =)

User Info: Estil

Estil
4 years ago#1
I previously had a topic here about my purchasing one but it got deleted already. :( But in any event, my CECHA Playstation 3 is finally here! It's fully refurbished and truly works like a new machine (in fact when I first turned it on it directed me to set it up as if it was a new rig). I will say though, you do have to be sure you have it set up properly in the menu for a CRT TV (please don't give me any grief over this; I'm mostly a retro gamer and it's important for me to use a CRT TV to avoid any lag issues; at least it does do S-video!) and it surprisingly looks quite good even on a CRT TV!

Now I just have to wait for my PS3 Memory Card Adapter to arrive and I can copy my PS1 and PS2 memory card files over. I am quite excited to have the best possible PS3 and to get it for about $80 less than a new one (which is not PS2 ready)!

So now I'm ready to play the top two out of three consoles in each generation from 3rd to 7th!! :)

PS: I can't believe how huge and heavy this rig is compared to my other consoles (top loader NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, GEN1/CD, PS3) but that just gives it the look/feel like a big, long, black Cadillac eh? :)
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller

User Info: RyuuHou25

RyuuHou25
4 years ago#2
Okay.....so do you actually have PS2 games? Because, you know.....could have just bought a PS2 for probably a hell of a lot less and just played them on there >.<

It's not like the PS3 makes them look better or anything.
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB

Estil
4 years ago#3
RyuuHou25 posted...
Okay.....so do you actually have PS2 games? Because, you know.....could have just bought a PS2 for probably a hell of a lot less and just played them on there >.<

Yes, it replaced my slim PS2 that I got back in 2004.

User Info: RyuuHou25

RyuuHou25
4 years ago#4
Estil posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Well, if you're planning on getting PS3 games and what not, congrats. Hopefully they aren't too had to play on your TV.
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB

Estil
4 years ago#5
RyuuHou25 posted...
Estil posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

Well, if you're planning on getting PS3 games and what not, congrats. Hopefully they aren't too had to play on your TV.

I have the following three to get started with:

Gran Turismo 5
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Wheel of Fortune

User Info: THE_PS1_PATRIOT

THE_PS1_PATRIOT
4 years ago#6
Get 500gb-1tb and you'll have the best game console ever.
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT

Estil
4 years ago#7
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Get 500gb-1tb and you'll have the best game console ever.

What do you mean?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Yay! My CECHA Playstation 3 is finally here! =)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived