This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC Metacritc is an 86 right, so why is the User review a 3.5???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. DmC Metacritc is an 86 right, so why is the User review a 3.5???

User Info: SomnusNemoris

SomnusNemoris
4 years ago#91
I often feel homeless must be some of the most cynical people ever in regards to views towards society. People can say it's their fault, but such ingrained pessimism must be damn near impossible to get over. Seems like they're riding out the longest shift of work ever (life) so they can clock out and be away from it all.

User Info: killak

killak
4 years ago#92
Yeah I agree. i couldn't imagine not being able to crawl in my safe n secure bed, but rather hope to find a good spot and not get the s*** kicked out of me by a bunch of idiots.

Some of these guys do it for years on end. I saw em in Sydney one afternoon. There were so many of them around, and all I could think is.......why can't the mayor of Sydney make an executive order and give each homeless person a nice thick blanket..

It might be crazy talk, but it's embarrassing beyond belief that a murderer would get preferential treatment over someone who has nowhere to live
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"

User Info: DTM847

DTM847
4 years ago#93
BoosterBurst posted...
what they need to do is make a video game console only for JRPGs.

Terrible idea. Why would anybody want a console for one genre? That would be like having a library that only held dictionaries or a grocery store that only sold white bread: completely useless. I like JRPGs, but I also like ARPGs, action/adventure, 2D and 3D platforming, strategy and fighters. Why would anybody want to buy a separate console to be able to play Star Ocean, Mass Effect, SoulCalibur, Trine and Shadow of the Colossus? If I had my way, the next Sony console would be a joint venture with Nintendo so I could play Metroid on the same console as Uncharted.

Also, what is a PAAGG?
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847

killak
4 years ago#94
Also, what is a PAAGG?

Pretentious
Annoying
Ass
Generic
Greer
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"

SomnusNemoris
4 years ago#95
killak posted...
Yeah I agree. i couldn't imagine not being able to crawl in my safe n secure bed, but rather hope to find a good spot and not get the s*** kicked out of me by a bunch of idiots.

Some of these guys do it for years on end. I saw em in Sydney one afternoon. There were so many of them around, and all I could think is.......why can't the mayor of Sydney make an executive order and give each homeless person a nice thick blanket..

It might be crazy talk, but it's embarrassing beyond belief that a murderer would get preferential treatment over someone who has nowhere to live

Yup yup. And even speaking of how to get out of their situation, I believe that's where the most cynicism lies. Could you imagine some homeless guy, pray to all the wickedness in the streets, imagining his life any better? Having a family and home, etc? Talk about impossible to become motivated.

killak
4 years ago#96
Yup yup. And even speaking of how to get out of their situation, I believe that's where the most cynicism lies. Could you imagine some homeless guy, pray to all the wickedness in the streets, imagining his life any better? Having a family and home, etc? Talk about impossible to become motivated.

Exactly. Even if one scraped together enough dignity to try and get out of that hole, a single harsh rejection (let's say "my god, you smell terrible"), could send them to their death through drinking/drugs or just plain old suicide.
This gen: Whining, gamers with an amazing sense of entitlement... waiting for pricedrops, cheering for studio closure and wondering why the industry changes

SomnusNemoris
4 years ago#97
It's a cruel world, mate.

Watching Django Unchained yesterday, the poor people born black in those days... awful. Btw, great movie. Samuel L Jackson plays his role immensely as a despicable bad guy.

killak
4 years ago#98
It's a cruel world, mate.

And getting moreso.

Watching Django Unchained yesterday, the poor people born black in those days... awful. Btw, great movie. Samuel L Jackson plays his role immensely as a despicable bad guy.

Interesting. I'll look into it
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"

SomnusNemoris
4 years ago#99
Yeah Sam Jackson is a house slave, which were a lot more privileged than the cotton pickers and miners. They actually got decent accommodation, food, clothing and better treatment. Basically meant they felt it was the best they were going to get in those days, so they looked down on the even lesser blacks, in the hopes of appeasing their masters so they could stay in the higher end of servitude.

Sickening. Talk about looking after number one.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. DmC Metacritc is an 86 right, so why is the User review a 3.5???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived