This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are all Blu-ray lenses the same?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Are all Blu-ray lenses the same?

User Info: ohmyupoorchild

ohmyupoorchild
4 years ago#1
As in their quality? I've had three different PS3's due to their lenses dying out. I know they all go eventually due to wear and tear with games, watching DVDs and BR filmes, etc, but are their better/different versions or are they all the same? I'm not talking about the PS3 exclusively either, any Blu-ray device, are they all built equally?

I would think not due to price differences, but I don't know much about Blu-ray devices outside of my PS3 experiences. If the quality varies across different devices, does Sony use the best lens they have in the PS3?

If not, they should, because I love my PS3 and it sucks their lenses go out. I don't own any Blu-ray movies or DVD's. I only use my PS3 for games and Netflix. My mother wants to buy a PS3 because she wants a Blu-ray player for her TV and sound system, but I don't know if I should tell her to go ahead and get one or to just get a standalone Blu-ray player. She would probably play games a little and use it for Blu-ray movies and Netflix mostly.
PSN: detoxifying

User Info: muggy

muggy
4 years ago#2
Yeah if she is going to use it for games too, I would say get a PS3. As for all blurays created equally I am not sure.

User Info: Pereb27

Pereb27
4 years ago#3
The lenses from old BC and 40gb models have a higher failure rate than the others. That's all I can think of.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Are all Blu-ray lenses the same?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived