This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamers that play western military shooters are more intellectual

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Gamers that play western military shooters are more intellectual

User Info: Chaingunmaster

Chaingunmaster
4 years ago#11
The difference between me and Douglas Adams is that he is considered a genius, and with good reason. When he isn't funny, people get disappointed. I on the other hand, am a hack with the artistic abilities of a five year old- nobody cares if my latest work sucks, because nobody cared in the first place.
Also, I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed that you decided to get personal here, I don't dislike you from what I've read of your posts, and I didn't think you'd go for such a low blow.
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88

User Info: theatrical_cat

theatrical_cat
4 years ago#12
Chaingunmaster posted...
The difference between me and Douglas Adams is that he is considered a genius, and with good reason. When he isn't funny, people get disappointed. I on the other hand, am a hack with the artistic abilities of a five year old- nobody cares if my latest work sucks, because nobody cared in the first place.
Also, I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed that you decided to get personal here, I don't dislike you from what I've read of your posts, and I didn't think you'd go for such a low blow.

You put a link to your web-comic in your signature so that you are advertising it literally every time you post something. You didn't expect someone to bring it up?

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. You don't think 42 is funny, fine. I think it's hilarious, but whatever. This is all just dicking around on the Internet. It doesn't mean anything.
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

User Info: Chaingunmaster

Chaingunmaster
4 years ago#13
theatrical_cat posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...

You put a link to your web-comic in your signature so that you are advertising it literally every time you post something. You didn't expect someone to bring it up?

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. You don't think 42 is funny, fine. I think it's hilarious, but whatever. This is all just dicking around on the Internet. It doesn't mean anything.

If I had any faith that my webcomic didn't suck I wouldn't have taken offense; as it happens I'm pretty thin skinned about it.
Also,as for taking it too seriously- you were the one that got invested enough to get personal. I didn't.
As for 42, I always assumed the joke was on the reader; it was Douglas Adams laughing at his fanbases reaction. I can't say I wouldn't have done something similar if I had setup a joke that big, so I'm guiltyof hypocrisy at least.
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Gamers that play western military shooters are more intellectual

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived