This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So it's taking my ps3 over 45 minutes to download a 26mb patch for the PS store

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So it's taking my ps3 over 45 minutes to download a 26mb patch for the PS store

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
4 years ago#1
Seriously, the download speeds are worse than dial up.

Meanwhile, my laptop is downloading at 1-2mb/s.
I have the PS3 on static IP, DMZ. My speeds before were off the charts, this only happened like 3-4 months ago.

The Internet Connection Test reveals download speeds at 4-5 mbps and Uploads at 800kbps, I go to the store, have to download this tiny 26mb patch and it is STUCK at 25%.

Well, not stuck, in random intervals, it just goes up by 5% almost instantly, like the speed probably goes from .5kbps to 100kbps for 1 second. I dunno what speed it's downloading at since I cant do it on the background.

I really wanted to ignore this, as it has been happening for a while now. I noticed that my friends list takes FOREVER to load including their avatars and trophy levels. It takes 5 minutes to open my inbox/sent msgs. It takes 5 minutes to go back in-game from the XMB whenever I visit the XMB while online. Everything online is worse than dial-up. And again, the most mind boggling fact is that my download speeds during the test are over 4 mbps.

Anyone have any ideas how to go around this? I can probably deal with it if it went like 100kb/s, but 1 hour for a measly 26mb patch? That's disgusting

User Info: Irony

Irony
4 years ago#2
lolbadconnection
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg

User Info: Rock Dash3X

Rock Dash3X
4 years ago#3
I just download a 135 mb patch over my phone's 3G hotspot that took 40 mins. I feel pretty good right now.

User Info: jameswinterton

jameswinterton
4 years ago#4
I had the same issue, yet a 6 gb game takes less than an hour.
psn: jrwinterton

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
4 years ago#5
never had a slow download like that with my connection.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
4 years ago#6
Drop the NetZero
|L|A|y|l|A|
My anti-drug

User Info: ExtremeLight

ExtremeLight
4 years ago#7
You need a better connection. It only took me like 7 minutes to connect and I have way faster speed then you just described.
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!

User Info: CGB_Spender

CGB_Spender
4 years ago#8
I know what you are talking about TC. PS3 download speeds are dreadful. Xbox is light years faster in this aspect. I know because I have them both connected wirelessly to the same router and the difference in speed is astounding.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2210/4016647774_8f8d4e0212.jpg

User Info: vashtricham

vashtricham
4 years ago#9
Quote:I know what you are talking about TC. PS3 download speeds are dreadful. Xbox is light years faster in this aspect. I know because I have them both connected wirelessly to the same router and the difference in speed is astounding.
@CGB_Spender
I have both wired and a 8gb game takes a hour on both. Keep track multiple times sometimes Xbox was 5 or 10 mins faster, sometimes the ps3 was alittle faster. They are within 10 mins of each other every time
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
4 years ago#10
I just went wired, and now downloading at 2mbps

No idea why the wireless was causing the problems. The computers we have here in the house downloads at 1+mbps using wireless.

I've opened the PS3 to fix the YLOD like 6 times, so I thought I might have messed up the wireless card, but I borrowed my friend's and it was the same. So it could be just the router I am using.

Or does anyone know the hardware that's related to the wireless component other than the wireless card itself?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So it's taking my ps3 over 45 minutes to download a 26mb patch for the PS store

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived