This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next Playstation dev specs revealed

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Next Playstation dev specs revealed

User Info: Mightyjimpo

Mightyjimpo
4 years ago#1
http://m.kotaku.com/5977849/the-playstation-4-has-a-new-controller-fancy-user-accounts-and-impressive-specs-so-far

System Memory: 8GB
Video Memory: 2.2 GB
CPU: 4x Dual-Core AMD64 "Bulldozer" (so, 8x cores)
GPU: AMD R10xx
Ports: 4x USB 3.0, 2x Ethernet
Drive: Blu-Ray
HDD: 160GB
Audio Output: HDMI & Optical, 2.0, 5.1 & 7.1 channels

The HDD is small but that's because it's a dev kit. Other than that it sounds pretty good!
The cure for anything is salt water; sweat, tears, or the sea. ISAK DINESEN (1885-1962)

User Info: ozran

ozran
4 years ago#2
Indeed the specs are looking very nice
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09

User Info: X_ULTIMA_X

X_ULTIMA_X
4 years ago#3
Looks just like a ps3 with better CPU and GPU.... Meh
Regards, Dolan
R.I.P fungivore 2012-2012

User Info: este914

este914
4 years ago#4
I dont like that consoles are becoming more like PC's now ... I miss the old days =[
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !

User Info: OtakuGamera

OtakuGamera
4 years ago#5
hasnt it always been a mini PC?
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg

User Info: Astroshak

Astroshak
4 years ago#6
este914 posted...
I dont like that consoles are becoming more like PC's now ... I miss the old days =[

Consoles have always been specialized PC's.

User Info: Shineboxer

Shineboxer
4 years ago#7
I'm pretty sure that what most see as powerful, everybody who knows what they're looking at, thinks this is actually a joke.
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD

Mightyjimpo
4 years ago#8
Shineboxer posted...
I'm pretty sure that what most see as powerful, everybody who knows what they're looking at, thinks this is actually a joke.

If this was a PC I would agree but as this is not going to have to dedicate a lot of resources to a constantly running OS I think this will be plenty powerful enough.
The cure for anything is salt water; sweat, tears, or the sea. ISAK DINESEN (1885-1962)

User Info: blitz-boy11

blitz-boy11
4 years ago#9
will two or one of the USB ports be on the back??? i hope so since connecting a damn PS Eye to the front USB ports is annoying as hell >.>
PSN: Hiroshima711

Mightyjimpo
4 years ago#10
blitz-boy11 posted...
will two or one of the USB ports be on the back??? i hope so since connecting a damn PS Eye to the front USB ports is annoying as hell >.>

These are the specs for the dev kit so there's a chance we might not even get 4 USB ports :-(
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Next Playstation dev specs revealed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived