This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What series is better this gen? Resident Evil or Dead space???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What series is better this gen? Resident Evil or Dead space???

User Info: goon56

goon56
4 years ago#1
I have RE4 on the PS2 and i loved it, but i never played a horror game on this gen, so i was thinking about getting all of the Resident evils this gen to compleate the story, but i seen dead space and that series looks nice also. So what series should i do? Resident Evil or Dead space???

User Info: burizadokyanon

burizadokyanon
4 years ago#2
Hard to compare the two as they were designed with different goals in mind.

RE is great for action and co-op, Mercs gives you lots of replay value, too.

Dead Space is good for some scares here and there, but has little replay value unless you are trophy hunting.

RE has a mediocre storyline, but at least they try. DS has some story but they never delve into it meaningfully.
PSN ID: EvilCowKing http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=evilcowking

User Info: guy_random

guy_random
4 years ago#3
Id say go for dead space even though i'm not a huge fan of either series =/
Neither are horror and the ps3 RE are not like the ps2 resident evils, the creatures in resident evil are also over the top imo. Resident evil 5 is one of the 3 games I just can't bring myself to finish

User Info: mmpepsi

mmpepsi
4 years ago#4
guy_random posted...
Id say go for dead space even though i'm not a huge fan of either series =/
Neither are horror and the ps3 RE are not like the ps2 resident evils, the creatures in resident evil are also over the top imo. Resident evil 5 is one of the 3 games I just can't bring myself to finish

Neither are horror? Really?

Winner of the dumbest thing I've read so far today.

User Info: SolidLiquid25

SolidLiquid25
4 years ago#5
Well Dead Space is only in this gen, but even though RE changed so much over the years i say RE.
------------------------------

User Info: enigma2274

enigma2274
4 years ago#6
I've got both series. This gen I think Dead Space is way better. I LOVED RE4 but it's gone downhill since.
Currently playing:EDF 2017, P3P, LBP Vita, Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, MGS4

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#7
If we're comparing this generation only, Dead Space. It's nice to see a game that knows how to produce a horror atmosphere. Well, DS1, anyway. >_>

If we're just counting REs before RE4, I'd go with RE.
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REØ

User Info: Crimson Skys

Crimson Skys
4 years ago#8
DS
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)

User Info: guy_random

guy_random
4 years ago#9

I wouldnt name them as horror, especially when you're comparing them to playstation 2 horror games.

User Info: Crimson Skys

Crimson Skys
4 years ago#10
guy_random posted...

I wouldnt name them as horror, especially when you're comparing them to playstation 2 horror games.

Uhh...what? Of course they're horror lol.
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What series is better this gen? Resident Evil or Dead space???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived