This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gamestop buy used and return it before the 7 days or same day u got it.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. gamestop buy used and return it before the 7 days or same day u got it.

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
4 years ago#1
sweet deal.. this morning i got darkness 2 used. i played a little and dont seem to like it. might go back to another gamestop closer to home and return it and get uncharted 3. to hold me over till dead space 3 and alliens, soon in feb.

hahahah gamestop retunr used. sweet deal. i had returned spec ops to get darkness.

User Info: Hunter1534

Hunter1534
4 years ago#2
Wat
http://i.imgur.com/YQkTN.jpeg http://www.imgur.com/uXb7o.jpeg
http://www.imgur.com/jSMZ1.jpeg

User Info: slymshady

slymshady
4 years ago#3
Its nice with used games, but I think if you abuse they will no longer honor it. I have heard stories of that happening (never to me though)

User Info: Great_Pudding_3

Great_Pudding_3
4 years ago#4
It's not a rental service. Your return/receipt has this stuff noted, they won't take it back if have keep doing it.

Or at least change it up by going to a different GS.
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon

User Info: necro00

necro00
4 years ago#5
I used to abuse the old policy years ago, in the ps2/dreamcast era. You could return a new game within 7 days and get 3 returns. so id buy one game, return it get another return it lol

shads3055
4 years ago#6
i am going to go to a diffrent gamestop in about 10min.

shads3055
4 years ago#7
yeah for me today will be the first time i retunred a used game i got a few days ago. got a game this morning and then returning it now for another game. and then im done and will trade in this coming game toward my pre orders in feb

User Info: RyuuHou25

RyuuHou25
4 years ago#8
You do realize their systems keep track of this across all stores now, right?
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB

User Info: JenniferTate

JenniferTate
4 years ago#9
slymshady posted...
Its nice with used games, but I think if you abuse they will no longer honor it. I have heard stories of that happening (never to me though)

I got "busted" on it the first and only time I ever tried to do it a few weeks ago. This with all my years of using GameStop/EB and buying used, too.

I bought Uncharted 2 and Infamous 2 for $15 each, used. The next day at Wal-Mart I found Uncharted and U2 packed together new for $15, and Infamous Collection for $20.

I bought them and went to return my copies of the used games, and the clerk told me that I couldn't, as they had been opened. "Yes, they're used games, but they're still sealed with your sticker." Nope. After I stood my ground he decided he could give me store credit only, as "we're not a rental service".

I knew that, and explained to him why I was returning the still sealed used games. He made an ordeal out of returning it, and then as I expected my $30 plus tax back in store credit, he announced, "Alright, so you have $80 in credit, but we're out of gift cards..."

$80? I shrugged nonchalantly and paid off Last of Us in full and put $30 down on Metal Gear Rising.

He gave me my receipt and I saw he returned them both as new games, Uncharted 2 at $29.99, and Infamous as an entirely different game at $49.99. I didn't point out this error precisely because he was being a butt to me about the whole thing, but it was his misunderstanding in my favor in the end.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson

User Info: IChangedMyName

IChangedMyName
4 years ago#10
Unless you live within walking distance... Your still wasting money.
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. gamestop buy used and return it before the 7 days or same day u got it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived