This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have noticed alot of cussing and profanity in RECENT games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I have noticed alot of cussing and profanity in RECENT games

User Info: roadtosalvation

roadtosalvation
4 years ago#141
XxFF_faNxX posted...
I think if the profanity is directed at terrorists and people that hate the USA and Freedom, it is okay.

awww dude, I LOLed at that

nice

User Info: TKDBoy1889

TKDBoy1889
4 years ago#142
I don't mind swearing at all if it is fitting to the game or accents a theme. But a lot of games lately do seem to have profanity just just for the sake of profanity, which can get distracting and irritating.

User Info: FOGEDABOUDIT

FOGEDABOUDIT
4 years ago#143
What a fool you are, he who is offended by simple utterances.
I do so love Riften. I journeyed here in my youth. A thief took my purse... so I took his eyes. It was a fair exchange.

User Info: DarthVashti

DarthVashti
4 years ago#144
Jx1010 posted...
Games released in the last few years and seems to be used more and more... and its not used as a description but as insults instead.
I dont use foul language so its a turn off in games.

One game was Batman Arkham City, but whats funny is that the Dark Knight movies didnt...

Whats ur take on this?
Do u care, does it bother u or not?

I don't give a s*** if a game has profanity in it or not. Not only that but I don't really care if little kids hear the profanity. It's not like profanity will turn them into criminals or something.

User Info: poolmav2007

poolmav2007
4 years ago#145
If there is a lot profanity; for example. every other word, then it makes me sick. I really don't care if it's the f-word or just using the same word over and over.

It makes me pokemonsick to pokemonhear the same pokemon word every pokemon second. I pokemon mean, what the pokemon were they pokemon thinking.

Get my point. It's the overuse of the word, not the word in of itself. I don't mind a few scenes this way, but when every scene is this way it's a big turn off even if it does fit the situation. It could sound just as good with a few less curse words.
---
Cheers! Arc the Lad 2 is still my No. 1.

User Info: SolKarellen

SolKarellen
4 years ago#146
spectermaster14 posted...
Anarchy Reigns was not needed as it was used

Now how in the world is it expected in Splatterhouse but not needed in a semi-sequel to Madworld?

Let's be serious here:

The commentators in Madworld were bloody hysterical.
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."

User Info: spectermaster14

spectermaster14
4 years ago#147
spectermaster14 posted...
Anarchy Reigns was not needed as it was used

Now how in the world is it expected in Splatterhouse but not needed in a semi-sequel to Madworld?

Let's be serious here:

The commentators in Madworld were bloody hysterical.

Absolute best part. And I liked the game already.

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
4 years ago#148
Dr_Corndog posted...
A lot of people are confused over what the word "mature" means. The ability to control one's tongue is a sign of maturity, not a lack of control. And I'd personally rather not have to listen to it, anyway.

while being able to control your tongue is a sign of maturity, cursing at unimportant times isnt a sign immaturity as some here would lead you to believe.

I just find it odd that people here who dont like a lot of cursing feel that people who do just think its cool. has any developer or anyone seriously said we use a lot of curse words in our game because its cool?

User Info: funguy10

funguy10
4 years ago#149
yeah this bugs me too. its ok if done in moderation and is appropriate. however i find games like COD, GTA ,extra. to overuse these words to sell games.

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
4 years ago#150
funguy10 posted...
yeah this bugs me too. its ok if done in moderation and is appropriate. however i find games like COD, GTA ,extra. to overuse these words to sell games.

COD uses profanity to sell games? dont people buy them for the multiplayer?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I have noticed alot of cussing and profanity in RECENT games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived