This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Ratchet and Clank series worth checking out?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is the Ratchet and Clank series worth checking out?

User Info: bigdeez

bigdeez
4 years ago#1
I see there are a few games in the series. I never played any of them. Is it worth checking this series out? Are all these games single player?

Ratchet and Clank: Collection
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
R* is amazing!!!

User Info: Crimson Skys

Crimson Skys
4 years ago#2
The games that came in the HD collection are the ones worth checking out. (R&C 1, 2, and 3)

After you play those the Future games are worth looking into as well.
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)

User Info: legionofpancake

legionofpancake
4 years ago#3
Absolutely. I'm completely bias on this of course, considering R&C is one of my favourite series.
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.

User Info: FiendingHard

FiendingHard
4 years ago#4
Get the HD Collection. If you like it, move onto the Tools of Destruction trilogy. Avoid All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault.
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Anarchy Reigns, Far Cry 3, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.

bigdeez
4 years ago#5
I know this might sound dumb....but are they childish? I just played Sly Cooper and felt like my 12 y/o brother should be playing it.
R* is amazing!!!

User Info: BkzUzi

BkzUzi
4 years ago#6
Ratchet and Clank: Collection - Yes
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction - Yes
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - Yes
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty -No
Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault - No
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - Yes only if you have friend and sibling to play with, if you don't then No.

User Info: Warhawk

Warhawk
4 years ago#7
bigdeez posted...
I know this might sound dumb....but are they childish? I just played Sly Cooper and felt like my 12 y/o brother should be playing it.

Ratchet & Clank is one of the best platformers besides Sly Cooper at least to me. Those are the two I really enjoyed the most.
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X

legionofpancake
4 years ago#8
bigdeez posted...

Not really. The games take on pretty silly humor at times, but never childish. A Crack in Time has an extremely well told story, at that. Also, don't listen to anyone when they say All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault are bad. Those are just their opinions and maybe you'll feel differently. Just know that they both experiment with the series a bit and tinker with the gameplay.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.

bigdeez
4 years ago#9
is All for One a party game? or single player?
R* is amazing!!!

legionofpancake
4 years ago#10
It can be single player or multiplayer. Either way it's great. It still has the series platforming, but it also adds a lot of new features. Levels are pretty linear, as opposed to the more open settings of the other games. While the game does cater towards the mainstream a bit, it's still really fun. The graphics aren't that great, though.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Is the Ratchet and Clank series worth checking out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived