This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am so tired of frame rate drops in games.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I am so tired of frame rate drops in games.

User Info: bigdeez

bigdeez
4 years ago#1
Next gen this needs to be addressed. I mean really? wtf this didn't happen last gen, and if it did you couldn't tell at least. Almost half the games i have played on PS3 or Xbox 360 have and issue with frame rate. It takes away from the game when this happens.

Here are the biggest offenders imo:
Mass Effect 1
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age 2
The Walking Dead
The Cave
R* is amazing!!!

User Info: gmoney8789

gmoney8789
4 years ago#2
dude, i hear ya its such a pain when your in the middle of something and it gets choppy. frame rate needs to be priority 1 next gen. Frame rate>gameplay>story>>>>>>>graphics.
I rather play a game with solid frame rate and gameplay, then a game with amazing graphics and crap frame rate.....imho

User Info: beebarb

beebarb
4 years ago#3
When does the frame rate ever drop in Mass Effect? I have never seen that happen.
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644

bigdeez
4 years ago#4
WHAT?????? Mass Effect 1 from the trilogy? are you kidding its like a slideshow sometimes.
R* is amazing!!!

User Info: beebarb

beebarb
4 years ago#5
bigdeez posted...
WHAT?????? Mass Effect 1 from the trilogy? are you kidding its like a slideshow sometimes.

I got it of the PSN so I can't comment on the trilogy set version, but if you are having frame rate issues, maybe it's the disc.
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644

bigdeez
4 years ago#6
I heard the digital version was better. No its not the disc, well it could be but othr people have set the frame rate is pretty choppy in ME1 a few reviews say it too. If i remember correctly the 360 version was the same.
R* is amazing!!!

User Info: kangarooz

kangarooz
4 years ago#7
I completely agree. Even HD collections of old PS2 games have framerate problems that weren't there in the original versions. wtf is happening?
R.I.P. True Survival Horror 1996-2005

User Info: Shineboxer

Shineboxer
4 years ago#8
inb4humaneyecannotseeabove_______framespersecond

Just stop, you're wrong.
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD

bigdeez
4 years ago#9
Still plagued by technical issues, from framerate drops to long load times and more - IGN

yeah yeah i know IGN but im just showing you its a problem.
R* is amazing!!!

User Info: TheMcKnightMare

TheMcKnightMare
4 years ago#10
Silent Hill Downpour.... Love the game... But one second you're running through the woods... The next you're humping a wall
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I am so tired of frame rate drops in games.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived